e p i l o g u e

YuJin's P.O.V

"Grandma!"

I smiled, watching as AeRa placed down the flowers on my mothers grave, attempting to make it look as pretty as possible as she did with everything else in life.

I felt a familiar hand intertwine with mine & looked up to see Jaebum beside me. The two of us smiling as we watched our bright little daughter rant to her grandma about how a kid in school broke her crayon.

"Oh yes grandma, guess what? I'm 6 today!" AeRa exclaimed excitedly & continued to tell Eomma what she got for her birthday.

"Eomuni, how are you?" Jaebum suddenly asked, kneeling down beside AeRa & also ranting, the two of them talking about absolutely everything & anything which made me shake my head, laughing.

"Eomma, I wish you could be here to see how much of a chatterbox your granddaughter is. She's 6 but has the energy to talk like a 20 year old." I sigh making AeRa pout cutely but I just pinch her cheeks.

After a while, it was time to go as we had reservations for AeRa's birthday.

"See you later Grandma!" AeRa says before grabbing Jaebum's hand.

"I'll be right there." I say as the two of them walk away towards the car after bidding goodbye to Eomma.

"Eomma, I hope you're proud of me." I say softly, "Thank you for listening to me on my loneliest nights, I love you."

"You coming?" Jaebum asks from the car, AeRa in his arms as they both await me. I watch as AeRa says something silly and Jaebum showers her with kisses causing her to burst into a fit of giggles making me smile,

"But I don't think I'll ever be lonely again."