t w e l v e

YuJin's P.O.V

"& YuJin, on his lap please."

I blinked a couple of times, waiting for the damn photographer to say sike.

please say sike.

But when all she did was urge me once more to sit on his lap, I wanted nothing more than for the oxygen around me to begin suffocating me.

I turned around to see Jaebum sat on the chair unbothered, looking fine as hell with his back resting against the velvet, his legs slightly apart as his dark eyes pierced into mine.

His intimidating gaze sent chills coursing throughout my veins. I mentally inhaled and exhaled, before slowly approaching him whilst avoiding eye contact at all costs.

I hesitated, not wanting to sit down. But before I could even move, I was pulled down onto his lap, his large hand wrapped around my smaller wrist.

My breath was caught in my throat, as I looked at him startled.

The click of the camera snapped me out of it as I let out the breath I didn't even realise I was holding.

The feeling of his chest against my body made the blood rise to my cheeks, a shade of red dusting them as I gulped nervously - still refusing to look into his eyes.

"Eye contact." He whispered lowly and I swear my heart was going to jump out of my chest. & the fact that he pulled my chin up with his index finger to meet his gaze only made it worse.

I'm pretty sure he could hear my loud ass heart at this point.

The clicks of the camera continued, but all I could focus on was the close proximity of our faces.

I began to chew my bottom lip nervously out of habit to which he looked down at my lips, his eyes dazed and hooded only making me want to close the gap between us then and there.

All of a sudden, he pulls down my bottom lip with his thumb.

My soul just left my fucking body.

"That's great!" The photographer continued to shout praises.

He held my cheek and pulled me in abruptly, to which I gasped slightly, my hand instinctively going to the back of his neck.

Our lips were merely inches apart, our noses brushing. The feeling of his hot breath fanning my skin left a trail of tingles.

The sound of our soft breathing the only thing that could be heard as the photographer's praises began to drown out.

Until suddenly, all the warmth disappeared, as soon as the photographer shouted "That's a wrap, well done guys!"

He got up, slightly pushing me to the side making me stumble before he walked away without a word.

That's right, it was all just for the camera after all.

-

"You all have been working so unbelievably hard these past few months. I'm happy to tell you that you are now officially on your first break!" Youngjae informs us to which everyone cheers.

"Rest well, because in 2 weeks from now you'll have to work harder than ever before for the showcase." He says before we are dismissed.

Excited chatters arise from the group, everyone chattering amongst themselves about their plans for the next two weeks, starting with going to eat something expensive as they all scatter away.

"Will you be okay?" Jimin asked me, concern plastered across his face. "I'll be fine Jimin, I'm not a kid." I reassure him.

"Have fun on your date!" I shoo him off before he can interrogate me any further, watching with a smile as he walked away with Jungkook, both their hands lovingly intertwined.

"Hey YuJin, you wanna come and eat with us?" Mark asks, approaching me alongside the rest of the boys.

My eyes meet Jaebum's but I detach right away after recalling the events of earlier, feeling my cheeks burn a little.

"No thanks I promised someone I'd meet them today, definitely another day though." I refuse to which they nod understandingly.

I had plans today.

-

I ran my fingers over the cold stone.

Moss and ivy growing all over the back of the great slab of grey granite, engraving slightly worn away by years of rain, once sharp edged letters now rounded and shallow.

Standing as a testimony to the life of my mother, long forgotten, in the shadow of a great Yew tree.

I smiled, laying down the fresh roses.

"Eomma, how have you been?"