n i n e t e e n

YuJin's P.O.V

"& last but definitely not least, Lee YuJin."

Wait what.

Did he just say what I think he said.

I made it?

Holy pretzels I made it.

The sound of applause made me jolt back to reality as I bowed gratefully, thanking him - still in a shocked state, completely dazed.

The 4 of us were brought up to the front to take a bow, all still very shocked.

We held arms & bowed very gratefully, & again to our mentors. I looked at Jaebum who looked as though he was bursting with pride, an uncontrollable smile plastered widely across his face.

I then looked back at Jimin, Jungkook & SeoYoon.

"We did it guys."

-

JYP had thrown a small party for everyone, as a way of saying well done for all our hard work, including our mentors'.

"Noona! We did it!" Jimin exclaimed, engulfing me in a hug & practically lifting me off the ground out of excitement making me squeal.

God, I was so grateful for this boy. For everything he has done for me, for the way he's stuck by my side through it all & for the way he's always there for me when I need him.

He's come a long way from the shy Jimin in high school who would let everyone step all over him. He's now one of the strongest people I know, I respect him so much for coming out & accepting who he is.

"I was grateful for all of these beautiful people." I thought as I looked around at the people around me.

SuMi is no longer that girl who centres her life around the opinion of other people, instead she lives for who she is & does what she loves for a living. I couldn't be prouder of her.

Meena finally stepped up & made things happen with Mark, & Mark stopped being so oblivious.

SeoYoon has put down her mask, & discarded the persona of the bad guy. She finally decided to just be happy & accepted herself for who she is. I see a long & beautiful friendship ahead of us.

The boys have come a long way from vandalising the streets back in high school, they're now talented & successful men who still have such a bright future ahead of them.

& Jaebum? He had matured so much from the cold-hearted person he once was. & although it's been a rollercoaster, I couldn't be prouder of the person he is today.

After countless conversations & congratulations I navigated my way through the crowds of people & made my way out to the terrace.

I rested my hands on the ledge, watching as the night fell, like a beautifully dark blanket draping over the sky, accompanied by the presence of a sea of stars, as though someone had spilled them over the night sky by accident.

I closed my eyes peacefully, feeling the gentle breeze rest against my skin.

A familiar pair of arms then snaked themselves around my waist making me smile. I felt the weight of Jaebum's head resting on my shoulder & I leaned my head against his.

We stayed like that for a moment, simply enjoying the peace & comfort of being in each other's arms - it felt like home.

He then turned me around in his arms so I was facing him but his arms were still firmly holding me.

"You did well." He said, patting my head which made me laugh.

I looked up at him, the soft light radiating off of the moonlight & casting it against his jawline.

I reached out my small hand, gently caressing his face. He leaned into my touch, his lashes resting upon his beautifully high cheekbones for a brief moment before he re-opened them again to reveal the mesmerising dark & sparkling pools.

I will never get over how captivating his eyes are. When I first saw them I couldn't believe one person's eyes could be so empty & chillingly dark.

My mum used to say that eyes are the windows to the soul, I had always wondered if Jaebum didn't have a soul at all.

But the more I looked at these stunning dark orbs, the more I uncovered the light that was hiding beneath them.

I had never seen such dark eyes with so much light in them.

& to me that will always be the most enchanting thing about Im Jaebum.

I looked down at his pillow pink lips for a moment as did he. His eyes flickering back and forth between my eyes & lips as we both inched closer, our noses brushing against each other.

Until finally, the gap between us closed.

& it was though those 5 years melted away, and we were never really apart at all.

His lips were soft and familiar, yet it still ignited a warmth that spread throughout my body as our breaths mingled, every emotion & all the words that couldn't be said poured into the feeling of our lips melting together.

I instinctively wrapped my hands around his neck, his hands wrapped tighter around my waist as we both pulled each other in as close as we could.

We pulled apart slowly, both out of breath & resting our foreheads against one another.

"So I'm guessing that no-kiss thing has been thrown out the window huh?" He chuckled.

"I love you so much, I promise to never leave your side again." I whisper, tears threatening to spill out of my eyes.

"I love you too." He whispered, "But hey, it doesn't matter, because no matter where life takes us, no matter how far apart we may be,

there's never going to be a goodbye between us, it will always just be a see you later."

the end.