e i g h t e e n

YuJin's P.O.V

Today's the day which is either going to make or break my future.

Yay.

I'm fine I swear. Nerves? Who's she? Never heard of her hahahahahakill me.

I sat in front of the mirror as the SuMi proceeded to do my hair & makeup, the bustling sound of the trainees behind me drowning out as my head clouded with anxiety.

I didn't even realise she had finished till I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Wow." SuMi said, the two of us staring at my reflection in the mirror. She had done a really good job.

The announcement for me & Jaebum to standby made my stomach churn. I looked up at the small screen in the corner of the room, watching as Jimin performed which made me smile.

I was so proud of this kid, I knew he'd do well.

I stood up, taking a deep breath & looking at my reflection once more in the mirror before turning to SuMi.

"You're gonna be great, I know it. Good luck Lee YuJin, fighting!" She exclaimed cheerily to which I thanked her with a nervous smile.

I walked to the area where we wait before going up on stage. Soon after, I heard footsteps nearing & saw Jaebum walk in, his mouth fell agape upon seeing me.

"You look, beautiful." He breathed, approaching me.

He looked damn good, his oversized blue denim jacket hung off his broad shoulders & complimented my blue denim button up skirt.

"Hey, it's ok." He said softly, sensing the anxiousness that was radiating off of me. "I'll be right there beside you the entire time, you'll be fine, I promise."

He held my hands, tracing gentle hearts on the back of them before leaving a soft kiss on my forehead.

& It was like all my nerves were washed away.

Our names were announced & Jimin came down, out of breath.

"You're up Noona!" He said in between breaths.

"Well done Jiminnie! You did so well." I pouted before squeezing his cheeks like a proud mother to which he smiled sheepishly.

"Good luck Noona, fighting!" He exclaimed with a cute smile before turning to Jaebum, "Good luck Mr. Im." he said politely.

"It's Jaebum hyung to you." Jaebum said which took Jimin by surprise.
"O-oh, good luck Jaebum hyung." Jimin said with a smile etched onto his face.

I took a deep breath before the two of us walked up onto stage.

The bright lights were blinding me and the intimidating stare of JYP at the front along with his important colleagues all judging me from head to toe made me all the more nervous.

My stomach began to churn again, a pit of nervousness resting there as I recalled everything I had learnt over the past 6 months, & everything I had rehearsed over the past couple of weeks.

But as soon as the music started, & as soon as I heard Jaebum's voice, it was all I needed to lose myself in the performance.

-

All 30 original participants stood before JYP, anxiously awaiting his final verdict.

"After careful consideration, I have finally come to a conclusion." He stated, the tension in the room only growing thicker by the second.

The boys were also stood behind JYP, nervously waiting for his decision along with the members of the other groups.

"Before I inform you all of my decision, I want to sincerely give you all a huge well done for working so hard these past 6 months. Not a single one of you were ever slacking & for that I'd like to say a big well done.

Please remember, if you don't get chosen now, that doesn't mean it's the end of the road for you, I want you to keep on going & keep working hard. I want you to become successful and prove me wrong.

After careful consideration & debate with my colleagues, I have decided to choose only 4 people out of the 30 of you standing here before me."

His statement made my breath get caught up in my throat as I'm sure it did to many.

"& all 4 are from the same sub-group. Though that may seem unfair, I have to do what's best for the company. & these 4 have stood out tremendously to me tonight, so much so that I want to form a co-ed group with these 4.

I can see how hard they worked, & their performance was so raw, something you don't see much of these days. I'm excited to see how far they go in the future.

So without further ado, the 4 I have chosen to debut under JYP entertainment are, Jeon Jungkook."

Everyone's heads shot towards Jungkook seemed shocked as he scrambled for words, bowing frantically, thank you's flying out of his mouth as everyone clapped.

"Kim SeoYoon."

I looked towards SeoYoon who also seemed shocked, tears threatening to spill from her eyes as she attempted to register what was just said. I looked towards her, mouthing a well done and flashing a wide smile.

"Park Jimin."

His head shot up upon hearing his name & I beamed brightly with the proudest smile on my face as I clapped alongside everyone else. He bowed gratefully, a tear slipping down his cheek.

Everyone awaited impatiently as he paused before announcing the last name,

"& last but definitely not least, Lee YuJin."