s i x t e e n

YuJin's P.O.V

"I wasn't hallucinating, was I?"

He shakes his head, "Actually, I ran into Jimin yesterday when I was looking for you and he told me, well, everything."

"Everything?" I ask softly. He tucks a piece of hair behind my hair, "Yeah, & I am so proud of you for fighting everything you went through, for being so strong through it all."

"But don't bottle anything up anymore, if you need to cry, do it. Come to me and I'll hold you so you can cry to your heart's content, I'll hide you from the rest of the world. Think of it as your sanctuary."

I smile at him in awe before pinching his cheeks, "Gosh, how have you suddenly become so cute." I say. Honestly though, it's as though someone flipped a switch in the span of less than a day.

He looked down at my lips, inching forward. But I suddenly remembered how he had locked lips with Kim SeoYoon last night and instantly placed my hands on his lips to which he looked at me completely puzzled.

"You kissed that she-devil last night." I pouted, the image replaying in my head and only making me more upset.

"No, no no no. She kissed me and I pushed her away I promise." He explained frantically, his eyes desperate as he searched mine for a reply, anxious that I wouldn't believe him.

"I believe you." I state to which his tensed shoulders visibly ease with relief. "But still no kiss." I say with a smile making him pout.

This was going to be fun.

"Please?"
"Nope.
"Pretty please?"
"Nope."

"You have thot germs on your lips." I tease, making him pout even harder.
"Can I atleast have a hug?" He asks but before I can even answer, he pulls me back into his chest, holding me as if I would disappear.
"Sir I-"

"It's Jaebum to you."

-

"You what?!"

Jimin exclaimed, almost hitting his head on the ceiling in the process as he bolts upright on the top bunk.

After he processes it for about 30 seconds, he shrugs, "It's about time." He says which confuses me, "We've all been waiting for this." He states like it's obvious.

All of a sudden, the door slams open.

"Yah Lee YuJin!" SeoYoon's shrill voice calls out, confusing me. "How dare you? You really have the audacity to steal my boyfriend?"

Well somebody sounds mad.

"Your boyfriend?" I chuckle, "SeoYoon, he was never your boyfriend."

"Oh really? Well then did you know he kissed me last night?" She asks, smugly crossing her arms over her chest like she had just made the best point in the history of points."

"No." I say, "But I do know that you kissed him & he pushed you away." My voice remained calm. I wasn't gonna raise my voice for tbis dumbass.

"Yah!" She yelled angrily. "Do you know who I am? I will make you regret ever being born. I won't stop till I've done everything I can to ruin your life."

Seriously, what'd I do to her?

"Mhm ok sis tbat's all good and fun and fresh but for now the door's that way, your loud ass voice is giving me a headache so bye bye."

Jimin suddenly spoke up, waving at her with an amusingly sweet smile on his face which soon turned into pure disgust as soon as she left - being sure to slam the door excessively hard on the way out.

I turned to him, the two of us bursting into laughter instantly as we high-fived.

"& that, is why you are my best friend."

-

"Lee YuJin!"

I turn around to see Jaebum walking towards me with his bike with a smile on his face making me smile as I clutched onto the handles of my bike.

We both decided it'd be nice to go for a bike ride during the sunset, despite the cold weather.

He leaned down, attempting to give a kiss but I dodged it.
"Yah, I told you, no kisses." I looked up at him, trying to be serious.

"Oops I forgot." He says yet still attempts to plant kisses on my face to which I quickly got on my bike and rode away.

I looked behind me, seeing him get on his and chase me with a smile on his face, before turning back around.

The wind caressing my cheek and messing up my hair,  the. last warm rays of the sun for the day gently hitting my skin, the sound of our chorusing laughter filling my ears as he called out my name.

& there it was. The feeling I hadn't felt in so long, the feeling that I had almost forgotten.

Happiness.

Spreading around my body, lighting up my eyes and etching a smile onto my face. It was as though I had finally escaped the dark after all this time - like the light had finally found me.

I stopped, turning around to look at the boy behind me who was still smiling widely as he stopped behind me, his crescent eyes small & his satin cheeks crinkled.

Please don't be a dream.