f o u r

YuJin's P.O.V

"Which means, Lee YuJin, your mentor will be Jaebum."

Kill me.

Kill me now.

Why me? Why God, why me?

The tension was so thick in that room, you could practically cut it with a knife.

Jaebum looked unbothered, as he took the paper from Jinyoung and continued the explanations.

"Your first task is a dance task, you will be taking the part of your mentor in the dance Never Ever. For this, your mentor will teach you & help you along the way during scheduled dance practices." Jaebum explains.

He looks at all of us dead in the eye, "Be prepared to work overtime." He eyes land on me, his dark gaze piercing through me.
"I expect you to work harder than you ever have, even if that means pushing yourself too far."

"After that, you will practice together as group, then perform it to us. We will collectively come to a verdict for individual feedback for each of you before moving onto the next task."

"You can have a break for now before getting started on your individual practices with your mentors. Because believe me," he looks at me dead in the eye,

"It's the last break you'll get for a while."

-

I sat criss-crossed in the middle of the empty dance practice room in sweats, my hair tied up & a laptop in front of me as I watched the millionth fan-cam of Jaebum during never ever.

I tried to brush past the fact that he looked absolutely drop dead gorgeous and sounded like an angel but it was inevitably lingering in my mind.

I studied the moves and formations very closely, attempting them from time to time, getting frustrated when I couldn't get it.

"It's not like that." A voice called out, I turned around to see Jaebum in an oversized hoodie and tracks.

We hadn't been alone in a room in 5 years. Seriously God, just take me now.

I chewed my lip nervously, a habit of mine that still wouldn't go away. I saw him walk closer to me, though I still wasn't willing to meet his gaze.

"You know, it's rude to not make eye contact with someone when talking to them." He says, "Especially when its your boss."

I look up hesitantly, "Sorry sir."

He goes behind me, "Your hands are too low, you need to bring them up a little." Abruptly, he grabs my hand, crossing it over my chest.

I look at him through the mirror, as does he as he looks at my startled face nonchalantly.

The feeling of his chest against my back makes my cheeks heat up.

"& remember, it's on every beat you change, it needs to be clean." He says, changing the position of my hands as he brings them to my side.

Holy shit my heart is about to jump out from my chest.

He detaches without a bother and walks away to the side,

"From the top."

-

"That's time." Jaebum says, picking up his stuff and turning to leave.

"Um, I think I'll stay for longer." I say, not wanting to leave till I perfected the first verse.

He looked at me before turning around, "Suit yourself." Was all he said before walking away.

You can't be hurt by that YuJin, you broke up with him, you decided to leave - I remind myself.

I shake off any thoughts and continue to practice. All of a sudden, the door opens, "Lee YuJin?"

I turn around to be met with Meena Kim, followed by Jeon SuMi.

"W-What..." I breathe, speechless. They both envelope me in a hug as I stand there, still paralysed from shock.

"Yah, where hell have you been!" SuMi exclaims in tears, hitting my arm weakly and I place her head on my shoulder, rubbing her back.

"Do you know how much we tried to contact you?!" She complained in tears.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, it's okay I'm here now." I coax, calming her down.

"What are you two doing here anyway?" I ask, puzzled as to why they're here.
"Didn't the boys tell you?" Meena asked, but by the perplexed look on my face she received her answer.

"We work here, I'm a stylist and Meena's a choreographer." SuMi says through her sniffles.

I nod in understanding.
"So you're doing the program, huh?"

-

After hours of us sitting on the floor of the practice room, I came to know that SuMi & Bambam were still together.

& much to my happiness, Meena & Mark were also together, and had been for the past 4 years.

"So how was it, seeing Jaebum again after all these years?" SuMi asked.

I shook my head, "Not great, it's like he's a completely different person." I say.

"That, he is. After you left, he began lashing out on everyone, his temper is triggered by the smallest things & he just doesn't give a fuck about anyone." Meena says with a sigh.

"You're the only person that can get Jaebum back to being himself."

-

I walk into the dorms, it was a hallway which was connected to several rooms, including ours and got7's.

I walk into my room and look at the clock which read 12am, I was yet to take a shower but my body was consumed into tiredness as I flopped down onto my bed, being careful not to wake up the others.

I looked up at the bottom of the bed above me, thinking about Jaebum and the person he had become over the past 5 years.

Maybe everything that had happen was for the best, maybe we broke up for the best, & he changed for the best.

Because maybe we were never really meant to be together, maybe we were meant for different people, right?

& with my head spinning with all these maybes, I let sleep consume the last of my senses.