f i v e

YuJin's P.O.V

"Clean up the footwork it's messy."

Jaebum snapped sternly, it was the last day of individual practice before we had to all put this together and perform in front of the boys.

I had been practicing nonstop for the past couple of days and I was on the verge of collapsing - I'm pretty sure my feet were all blistered from the way they were hurting.

He turned off the music, "What's happening to your footwork, it's all sloppy." He said, agitated as he ran his hands through his hair frustratedly.

"Again, from the top." He said, about to turn around but my stupid feet gave up making me lose my balance to which Jaebum put his arm around me waist, holding me upright.

I looked down at his arm before looking back up at him, we hadn't been this close in 5 years and it was making me anxious.

It was though a switch turned on in his head as he realised what was happening, releasing his grip on me as I fell onto the floor with a thud.

Ouch.

"Noona?" Jimin said, walking into the room. He looked at my feet, confused.

"What happened to your feet? They look swollen." He said, before kneeling down to take off my shoes.

"Yah Park Jimin!" I whispered-yelled, nudging him before motioning to Jaebum who was now stood in the corner of the room.

"Oh sorry I didn't see you there sir." Jimin said, standing up and bowing politely.

Jaebum scoffed, "Whatever." He muttered, before leaving the room.

"Geez, he's so rude. He's an old friend yet he doesn't even allow us to talk to him casually like the others do. Why do we need to address him as 'sir' & 'Mr. Im' anyways, he's our mentor not our boss I-"

I place a hand on Jimin's shoulder, feeling him relax upon my touch.

"Calm down Jiminnie, it's ok. It's just 6 months of our lives." I say, watching as he slipped off my shoes, revealing an array of blisters and bruises.

A painful palette of colours, ranging from deep purples to bright crimsons present on the undersides of my feet.

He applied some medication before wrapping them up with a bandage, making me wince in pain.

"Stop practicing and just rest for tonight." He orders and before I could protest, he picks me up and runs to the dorms and to our bed, throwing me onto my bed making me squeal.

"Park Jimin you!-"
"Goodnight Noona!"

-

It was the day we all had to perform in front of the boys for our dance evaluations. The 7 of us were currently all practicing together, attempting to make the performance perfect.

All of a sudden, SeoYoon steps on my already blistered foot, making me wince in pain.
"Watch where you're going dumbass." She seethes.

That was a strange apology.

I resist the urge to slap her on the back of her stupid head and simply shake it off. Though the pain in my feet continues to build up.

After a couple of run throughs, we finally managed to get it completely spot on.

The abrupt sound of people entering the practice room startle us, & we turn around to see the boys entering, bowing politely.

"Are you guys ready?" Jackson asks, with a smile.

"Positions." Jaebum orders sternly, cutting off any opportunity for conversation to which we all quickly shuffle into our positions.

It makes me feel nervous knowing I'm doing Jaebum's part and he's watching me intently. & on top of that, the growing pain in my foot makes it harder for me to keep a fixed expression.

I shake off any thoughts as the music starts, feeling the music and the music only. Though slowly, the pain was becoming unbearable.

I was praying that I'd at least get through the performance then deal with the pain later. I smile when it's my turn in centre, masking the pain behind my facial expressions.

Much to my demise, my leg gives in just before the song finishes, causing everyone else to resound in "oohs" & "ahhs" as well as disappointed mutters.

As the song ends, Jimin helps me up, placing an arm around my waist to keep my upright. I look towards the boys, "I'm so sorry." I say, bowing apologetically before hanging my head low in shame.

"It's fine, these things happen, your leg has been on a lot of pressure, you should get it treated." Yugyeom says, as the rest nod in understanding except Jaebum who was busy boring holes into my skull making me gulp.

As the boys discuss their verdict, Jimin takes me to the first aid room. Though just before I leave, a certain kiss ass decides to pipe up,

"What an embarrassment." SeoYoon scoffs. I shrug it off as Jimin continues to escort me to the nurse.

-

We return to see the list already put up. They had to make a list for best to worst. It was cruel but this was a cruel process after all.

I scanned the list.

1. Jeon Jungkook
2. Kim SeoYoon
3. Park Jimin
4. Daniel Hwang
5. Park Daehwi
6. Min DoHyeon
7. Lee YuJin

I was last. I sighed in disappointment. I mean, I don't blame them, I literally dropped to the floor before the song even finished.

I looked at the feedback listed under each name, I looked at mine, the main point amongst others being:

"Balance."

"Cmon Lee YuJin." I think, "This only means you need to work harder."

"Lee YuJin."

I turn around to see Mark accompanied with all the boys except Jaebum.

"We were going to place you at first." He said, which only confused me.
"What?" I ask, puzzled.

"You were exceptional, we could tell you worked really hard, you had just overworked yourself is all, which caused the pressure on your foot." Jinyoung explains.

"But Jaebum however, complained that you should've been professional and withstood it, & that he's your mentor so he decides." BamBam sighs frustratedly.

"We're so sorry." Jackson apologises.

I smile and shake my head, "It's nothing to be sorry about, in a way Jae- Um, Mr.Im is right, I have to work harder and learn to withstand these things if I want to be chosen." I say.

"What do you mean he's right?" Jimin asks, outraged. "He made you overwork in the first place causing all that pressure on your foot then says you need to be more professional?"

I slap Jimin's arm lightly, "Park Jimin." I grit through my teeth lowly. He turns to the boys, apologetically bowing.

All of a sudden, Jaebum walks into the room,

"Number 7, you're on cleaning duty."

ooo double update.