separated

Lucy POV

"Juvia!"

I've been wondering around for week. I don't even know whether Juvia is still alive. It's actually the apocalypse. Everything was dying. The plants, the animals, the people, the ecosystem..

"No luck, I can't find them," Minerva sighed heavily as she enter the hut.

Aaron separated half the group to who knows where. Natsu groaned and stare down at the floor.

Sting was in a coma. Every day, every hour, I spend a vast amount of magic to wake him up and heal him but no luck.

Mom...you gave me your power but I still lost. I somewhat couldn't tap into your full potential. What's wrong with me? Am I not worthy? I can't even protect the realm like I'm suppose to.

"Food supplies are running out," Gray informed as he rapidly shake an emptied can.

"I'm sorry, I eat a lot," Natsu mumbled.

Gray threw the can at the ground, "Flamebrain, we'll starve because of you!" He yelled.

Natsu got up from the couch and grip his fist, "I can't help it okay!" He shouted.

"Shut up!" I yelled which caused both of them to quieten down.

I sighed heavily and walked out the hut. The air outside was toxic but it's better than staying in the hut. The seas are polluted and some animals got affected badly by the radiation.

"Help me!" A girl crawled towards me.

Her face was dirty and she looks dehydrated. She couldn't even stand and walk. I gazed at her with sympathy.

I held her hand and smiled softly.

We glowed light turquoise and her injuries healed immediately.

"Here," I took out a brown gourd filled with water and pain killers and hand them to her.

She hesitated but she quickly gulp down the water out of thirst.

"You poor thing, where are your parents?" I asked.

She stayed silent for a while before bursting into tears.

"Our house collapsed a few weeks ago and my parents got stuck under the rubble!" She cried out loud.

My eyes widened. The girl continued to cry and cry while I stare hopelessly.

"I miss mama! And papa! Mama always teaches me magic tricks and I miss that!"

"She teaches you magic? So you're a wizard?" I asked—trying to sound happy.

"Still learning..but I can barely do the basic of magic unlike my mom! My mom can do astounding magic tricks. She sets things on fire!" The girl begin to smile as she talked about her mom.

"Fire wizard.." I muttered.

She nodded her head.

"I miss my mom, I miss my best friend too," I said.

- 2 years later -

I've given up. I couldn't find Juvia. I hope someone was there to bury her body if she had died but if she's still alive, I hope she's somewhere safe.

Suddenly, I heard knocks on my bedroom door.

"Luce?"

"What is it?"

Natsu popped up from the small opening in my door.

"Just wondering how you are..."

He slowly enter the room and I sighed.

"I'm fine, just dwindling hope day by day," I felt something hoarse in my throat.

Previously, I had trouble feeling sad. I was always happy and I hated it but now, I couldn't smile anymore. My heart was in pieces. Why couldn't I had fought 09 when he jumped onto me and undo the damn portal?

"Luce?"

I snapped out of my train of thoughts and sighed once more.

"Natsu, I'm fine."

I denied.

"You aren't and it's okay-"

"What do you expect Natsu? Sting is in a coma and I haven't seen Juvia for 2 years! Everything is withering and I can't do shit about it! I'm a horseman for god sake! My mom gave me her powers and I couldn't even make full use of it!" I accidentally shouted but Natsu didn't seem surprise.

"I know you're under pressure but I know..I just know Juvia is out there still alive.."

I felt tears of hopelessness well in my eyes, "H-how?"

"I'm not sure."

-2 weeks later-

"The waters sure are polluted, can you undo it?" Minerva asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I can but if I do, I'll expose our location. Aaron will surely detect a huge presence of magic and track us down."

I cast a spell on the hut so Aaron can never find us.

Minerva sighed. Suddenly..

"Pit"

Is this..

"Pat"

I looked up and felt something wet touched my cheeks. The clouds were greyer than usual.

"It's raining! Finally after 2 years of dry season!" Minerva cheered.

"Wait.."

My eyes widened, "This rain...I know this rain!" I shouted in excitement.

My eyes glitter with excitement.

"JUVIA IS STILL ALIVE MINNA!"

- time skip -

"Are you sure? Is this actually her rain?" Natsu exclaimed.

Before I could answer, Gray beat me to it.

"No doubt about it," He smirked with glee.

"We have to follow the source! The source of rain!" Wendy suggested.

"But wait, Sting isn't awake yet, somebody has to stay here," Natsu reminded.

I use to think Natsu hated Sting but ever since he went in a coma, Natsu has been worried sick about him.

"I'll stay, I'll Ensure nothing happens," Minerva stated.

She looked at me with glistening orbs, "Bring home our nakamas so we can beat Aaron's ass," She smiled.

I felt a spark of hope in my heart.

"I will."

"Let's start loading some food supplies, I think I smell a scent of a faint watery power source," Natsu said.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Gray smacked Natsu's head.

"I don't know how to explain scents okay!" Natsu rebuked.

"Guys," I chuckled, "Let's pack and rest, tomorrow is a huge day for us."

Both of them slowly formed a smile, "Okay Luce!"