history

A/N this chapter might be confusing I'm sorry

Narrator POV

Lucy was resting in Juvia's bed with a wet towel placed on her forehead. She had a high fever and her magic energy seemed low. Meanwhile, Juvia was on the floor with scattered papers everywhere.

"I need to know who that silver hair boy is. And how did he even get into my head? Did he cause those black markings? If so..was Lucy the one who healed them?" The blue mage thought.

She grabbed her mother's notebook and examined every entry her mother wrote. Bethany told her that Julia loves to hide clues and make others 'wonder'.

"Why did mom leave exactly half the notebook blank? Didn't she promise Layla she'll fill the whole book up with journal entries?" Juvia whispered.

The door knob twisted open.

"Eh Ju-" A boy said before seeing Juvia on the floor.

It was none other then Rogue with Sting at the back.

"What are you doing?" He asked. Juvia sat up properly as Rogue came and sit cross legged beside her.

"Researching about some stuff."

Juvia didn't want to tell Rogue everything, she feels like even though he's her nakama, he's not ready to know everything about her. But then again, she did told Sting the reason why they quit Fairy Tail. Maybe she's scared that Rogue would judge her.

"Please. As if someone's judgement matters to me!" Juvia protested in her mind.

Rogue picked up a white notebook and read the pages. "Uhm Juvia.. Who's Layla?"

"A deceased friend." Juvia said as she pushed her bangs to the back of her ear.

Rogue nodded and continued to read. His eyes widened as he flipped the pages. Juvia was still staring at the blank pages of her mother's book. Something is not right.

"Anyways Rogue. Why are you here?" She didn't make any eye contact with him.

"I wanted to check out your house but I've been knocking on the door for the past hours, you didn't answer. So I brought Sting along because Lucy gave him a spare key to your house." Rogue pointed at Sting with his thumb.

Sting had a silver key dangling on his belt.

Juvia facepalmed. Her friend might be taken advantage of due to her own kindness.

"Oo What is this switch for!!" Frosch exclaimed.

He jumped up and pressed on a switch. The room turned dark and the small star shaped lights which Juvia hung up at the ceiling glow blue and yellow.

"Pretty!!" Frosch gape.

"Glow in the dark lights?" Rouge asked. Juvia nodded.

She looked down on her mother's book and realised something. The once empty pages had writings on them. She began flipping the pages, it's true. All the pages were filled.

"So. My mother used invisible ink to write the remaining half of the notebook. Well played mother," Juvia snickered to herself.

Sting was leaning on the side of Juvia's bed. He didn't admit it but he was worried for his blonde friend. Her magic level seemed so low that she could easily be mistaken as a non magic user.

"Juvia, what happened to Luce?" Sting asked, peering over at Lucy.

"We were training and things got out of hand." Juvia lied while holding up 2 books in her hand. Juvia flipped her mother's notebook until the very last pages.