my duties

Lucy POV

"This is nice, I mean—having someone listen to me and care dearly for me. Beverly always told me that if I were in a room filled with people, regardless of whether they were evil politicians or children, and we were in a apocalypse, I would have to die first before anyone in that room was injured," I said while fiddling with my shirt, "It made me feel significant but insignificant at the same time."

Natsu placed his arms over my shoulder, "I'd have to die first before a drop of your blood spills on the floor."

I raised an eyebrow, "What's with the language?"

Natsu cheekily grinned, "While you were gone at Sabertooth, Happy and I kinda rummage through your books."

I pouted, "Did you clean up?"

"Was I suppose to?" He sheepishly said.

"Nevermind."

My eyes drifted to my feet.

"Hey we should resume our mission. I really don't want to get distracted," I said while standing up.

Natsu frowned a little, "I just don't want you to hurt on the inside Luc-"

"I'm fine," I interrupted, "Duties are peremptory."

Natsu slowly nod, "I guess..."

I held my hand out for him to grab but he looked away.

"I-" before Natsu could say anything, I received a message from Juvia Via telepathy.

"Lucy! Make your way to Gajeel and Laxus now! I have a bad feeling Aaron is with the-" Before Juvia could finish, she was interrupted.

"Oh hey Daughter of the Stars! 09 here!" 09 chirped.

"Get away from our headspace 09!" Juvia yelled.

Oh no...09 is about to completely overtake Juvia.

I glanced at Natsu and he looked back at me with determination.

"Let's get that motherfu-"

Laxus POV

"Gajeel!" I called out.

Gajeel pressed onto his bloody abdomen and gave me a thumbs up.

"You gotta be an idiot to think an iron bullet will take me out," he grinned.

"I'm no idiot, it was simply a way I could test my new gun!" Aaron merrily said while whipping out a mini gun, "Isn't it adorable?"

I crossed my arms, "My comrades are going to be here anytime soon buddy," lightning appeared from the sky as the clouds grew dim.

"You know amendment magic?" Aaron asked.

I smiled, "Why don't you find out?" I jumped up to the sky.

"I evoke the 7th amendment; ought be debilitated!"

A red lightning struck down from the sky, aiming for Aaron but he barely dodged it.

"I thought we were going to gatekeep amendment magic to horsemen only!" Aaron sarcastically pouted, "Unless.."

Gajeel quickly looked at me, "Are you a-"

"No," I grunted as I land on the ground, "I was appointed to be the Son of Zeus a few decades ago but my appointment was revoke after I was found out to have a 'feigned heart'. The council was afraid that if I further my new abilities, I could misused it. After Juvia and Lucy went away, Gramps and I knew that it was a matter of time before their guardians approach them so we research more on the horsemen," I glared at Aaron, "Yours would've been revoked too if you hadn't murdered the whole council and other horsemen."

Aaron was amused, as if I complimented him, "So when your friends ran off, you took it upon yourself to learn amendment magic because it was the only power that could stop me," he smirked.

"Don't be flattered," I grunted.

"Oi pig face!" A voice shouted from afar.

I knew that voice from anywhere. Gray Fullbuster.

"3rd command; galactic rain!" Someone shouted from a distant.

A white figure darted from the sky to the ground. The sky became pure white and stars were falling to the ground.

"Oh my!" Aaron laughed.

Like lightning, he jumped from one place to another, avoiding the falling stars. However, Lucy wasn't going to let him go. Lucy sprinted across the sand towards Aaron, causing sand and dust to cover my vision.

"The shield of heaven," she chant and a huge gold shield appeared.

"Take that!" Lucy tried to hit Aaron with the shield but he immediately cast a red dome to protect him.

"You're as fast as light," Aaron panted.

Once the sand and dust settle, my eyes widened in astonishment. There was a huge bloody cut across Aaron's face.

"I finally hit you," Lucy smirked.

Aaron gently dap the blood on his face with a napkin. Within seconds, the wound stitched itself—as if the cut never existed!

"You know, your blood magic is more annoying than I thought," Lucy sighed heavily as her shield vanished into thin air.

"Manipulation of blood," Aaron smirked as he held his hand out.

"You can't manipulate an empty vessel," Lucy shouted.

A pale yellow magic circle appeared underneath her.

"I take my 2nd form, heavenly body!" A white light engulfed her before disappearing shortly after.

Lucy's skin became clear like glass.

"Nice trick. Your mother pulled that too before—you know," Aaron mocked while laughing to himself.

"You're sick," Lucy spat out.

"Don't worry Luce! We got you!" Natsu exclaimed while standing firmly by her side.

For a second, I saw an imaginary spark between them. I've never seen Lucy smile that brightly in my life before.

"I'm not letting you guys get a piece of him without me!" Gray chuckled as he ran to their side, followed by Erza, Wendy and Minerva.

"Oi. Son of Zeus, we could really use your amendment magic or whatever," Gajeel snickered as he Pat my back.

"It's the ace up my sleeves," I smiled.