help

Yukino POV

I stayed back at the house to take care of Rogue and Sting. Each day was another reminder of how all my efforts were futile.

All I could do was sit beside them and hope for the best.

"If you two were awake, I can only imagine how staunch you two would be in bringing Aaron down," I sighed softly.

I pulled the blanket to cover Sting's shoulders and Pat it gently. I leaned down and gave him a peck on the forehead.

"Nothing will happen to you as long as I'm here, I promise-"

The door creaked opened. I immediately shot up from the ground. There was a protective barrier over this place, no one could enter. I grasp onto my keys and slowly made my way to the corridor leading to the main door.

My heart was thumping loudly, beads of perspiration ran down my face. I hid behind the wall, trying to control my breathing. The floor boards eerily creak and with trembling hands, i emerge from the wall and pointed my key towards the figure.

My heart sank.

"09..." I muttered.

I held tightly onto my key and put on a strong font.

"I can undo the sickness bestowed upon your friends," 09 calmly said.

"Nice joke! Juvia and Lucy are asleep and I could wake them up anytime! They'll kick your ass!" I yelled but he wasn't affected by my threat—he barely flinched or bat an eye.

"They're not home," he simply replied.

He placed his hand in his pocket and walked closer towards me.

"Stop!" I shouted but for every inch he got closer, I took a step back.

"I know how to help you," 09 gazed at my keys, "Your keys don't stand a chance so back down now."

His voice was stern and absolute. I knew that I stood no chance so I put my arms down.

"Thanks," he mumbled as he walked past me.

I gulped, "Lucy..Juvia..please come home," I whispered.

I entered Sting's and Rogue's resting room and saw 09 squatting down between both of them. He gazed at me and motioned for me to sit down.

I took a deep breath and hesitantly sat in front of him.

"What can you do?" I asked.

09 raised his hands, a black chain appeared that seemed to connect his wrist to something on the outside. I noticed he had the same clock as Juvia on his wrist.

He snapped his fingers and the clock above Sting and Rogue shattered into glass.

"What are you doing?" I yelled but he glared at me, insisting I kept my mouth shut.

He held his palm above both Sting and Rogue's chest. Both their veins started to appeared red on the skin's surface.

"I know blood manipulation techniques just like Aaron, you have to trust me," he assured with a much gentler voice.

09 began whispering some words and a black shadow emerged from both their bodies and into his palm. His eyes glowed red.

I gulped, the magic energy was intense.

After about a quiet minute or two, 09 shut his eyes closed and the enchantment stopped.

"Ow! My head hurts..." Sting mumbled as he groggily sat up.

He scrutinise his surroundings before staring at me, "Where am I, Yuki? I thought we were in some sort of lair-" Sting turned around and saw 09.

Almost immediately, Sting shot up from the ground.

"Don't come close! I know karate!" He shouted while striking a fighting pose.

Unfortunately, anybody could tell that being unconscious for as long as he did would result to terribly sore muscles.

"Ow! My leg!" He cried like a little kid before falling on the ground with a loud 'thump'.

"What's with the ruckus?" Rogue murmured as he swiftly sat up. He turned around and met eye to eye with 09.

09 smiled, "Cheney."

"Yukino..." Rogue whispered as he turned to look at me.

I waved my hand dismissively in the air, "He won't hurt anybody."

But even I, could not believe my own words.

"That will give Juvia more time," 09 said as he stood up.

I swore I saw a smile on his face.

"Wait! Why did you help us?" I asked but he didn't reply, he just left.

"That's really strange," Rogue said.

I sighed heavily before a smile crept on my face.

"You're okay," I cried as I gave Rogue a big hug.

I looked at Sting and motioned for him to hug us as well.

"Family hug!" Sting yelled as he hugged us both.

"This is adorable and all but where is Juvia? And the rest?" Rogue asked with a raised eyebrow.

Sting let go of us and shot me a worried look.

I sighed heavily. It's time to explain what they've missed out on.

Lucy POV

"Just a little more you guys!" I panted as I wiped the sweat of my forehead.

Aaron was vigorously trying to regenerate his wounds but even he was worn out. Eventually, there were wounds that he was unable to heal.

"I realised I didn't need to be the most powerful sorcerer to defeat you. I just needed stamina," I snickered.

Aaron frowned which, as much as I hate to admit it, sent shivers down my spine.

"I'm not letting you destroy my life's work!" He shouted till his veins popped from his head.

He raised his arms and made a gun using his finger. He pointed his fingers upwards. My eyes widened when I realised he was pointing to his lair, where the portal was.

"Checkmate," he said before the whole lair exploded.

The explosion sent waves across the ground. I got on my knees and clawed onto the sand, hoping to not be blown away.

"He blew it up!" Minerva cried in disparity.

"Isn't that good? The portal is gone!" Gajeel asked.

Laxus shook his head, "The physical portal cease to exist but the gateway is still opened. We need the physical portal for Lucy to perform the Whitening," Laxus grunted.

Gajeel averted his eyes to me.

"You're a coward!" I taunted as I stood up.

Aaron shrugged, "All's fair in war."

"How are we going to open the physical portal!" Wendy shouted.

I stood up and sighed heavily.

"Tell me what to do mom," I whispered softly, almost feeling hopeless when...

"Ah!" Someone shouted.

A figure rose from behind and a sword as thin as a floss strike down and decapitated Aaron.

I gasped, the scene was beyond gruesome. Blood splattered everywhere and the lifeless body hit the ground with a loud 'thump'.

"I made it!" The figure cheered in triumph.

It was Juvia.