Rogue

Juvia POV

"Shit," I muttered under my breath as I pressed onto an open wound on my thighs.

I can't sustain any further damage from that blade, I could die. My whole body was bruised and was aching badly—I could barely do any strenuous movement. This was a losing battle for both of us.

"You're strong," 09 commend.

"Tell me, what's your name?" I said as I limped and lean against a boulder.

09 squat down in an attempt to catch his breath and recollect himself. He was secretly trying to cover his wounds with a bandage. There were thousands of cuts around his body.

"Rogue."

My eyes widened, "Why so?"

Rogue chuckled, "I self-named myself Rogue. Names are to bring us honour but I'm anything but honorary," Rogue wiped the blood off his lips, "So Rogue was fitting."

My lips formed an 'o' shape, "I have a friend named Rogue."

"Cheney," Rogue snickered, "Who would name their child after Rogue."

I let out a 'tsk', "He's civil, unlike you," I spat.

"Fair point," Rogue stood up straight, "No wonder you've fallen in love with him—or was that Gray?" He chuckled.

"I don't know who I love," I mumbled.

For a second, Rogue's face soften. I inspected his features. He isn't as good looking as Aaron, he looks softer and more gentler. His eyelashes were really long and he had silver hair gelled to the side with ruby red eyes. His eyes were so big they were like shiny cherries. 

"I've seen your memories. I'm really rooting for this Rogue dude," He laughed.

Unconsciously, my lips formed a small smile, "Maybe a part of my heart is too," I replied.

"Juvia, I've shared your pain ever since I was fabricated. I've lived a life just like you, I grew up just like everyone else. Aaron took me in as a son," Rogue sighed heavily.

"I've never felt your presence."

"I know," Rogue chuckled, "You weren't aware that we've formed an attachment ever since time begun. It was destiny."

I took a deep breath and stabilise myself to stand up straight, "I feel sorry for you. You probably don't have that many friends."

"That's true. I guess you could inherit my recollections as well."

I shut my eyes closed.

I could see what Rogue saw throughout his whole life. He was an outcast. Rogue was exactly like me— despite being made up of magic. He's felt anger, pain, frustration but worse of all, his curse was beyond damaging. He was robbed of his ability to think independently, he was the ultimate service robot.

A/N curse refers to the curse that all horseman have!

"You don't deserve that name," I frowned.

Rogue bit his lips, "Let me bestow upon you a quick death. Your death is mine as well," Rogue said as he gripped onto his blade.

I snickered in disbelief, "Aaron sent you to kill me, knowing that you would die as well?" I questioned.

Rogue slowly nod his head, "I owe Aaron my life. If he wasn't here, I wouldn't be here," He stated.

I sighed heavily and held my blade up, "I admire your formidable loyalty. It reminds me of my own."

Rogue guffawed, "For that ice man. You're weird."

I couldn't help but let out a chuckle, "I was naive okay!"

Rogue shrugged and smiled softly, "A beautiful friendship could've blossomed just like our ancestors."

I nodded my head, "Why do you dedicate your whole life to serve him? He barely does anything for you."

I 'rummage' through rogue's memories. Aaron neglected him like a lost child. Aaron forced him to train on a daily basis and Rogue had to obey him like a mindless zombie due to the curse.

"The craving to have a family must have stung you for years," I boldly said.

Rogue looked taken aback, "That's a lie," he said while frantically looking around.

"Aaron isn't here," I assured.

Rogue held his blade closer to his chest, "It doesn't matter. Duties are peremptory."

"Rogue we don't have to do thi-"

"Backing out?" He mocked.

I shook my head firmly, "You're miserable. I shall not kill a man that I was once, I know you can change—just like me."

Rogue laughed, "You're an imbecile. You-"

"Rogue listen! You don't want to die. You just want to be loved."

It began to drizzle.

"You do know that when your friend chants The Whitening, you are coming with me," He said.

'CLANG'

My blade fell on the floor.

"Lucy doesn't know that, and she doesn't need to know," my bangs covered my eyes.

Rogue lift up his wrist, showing a clock.

"You only have half an hour left Lockser. You and I both know that the only reason you cast that spell to stop those two bozos time was because you wanted to know how much time you have left," Rogue snickered, as if he won a game of chess he's been longing to win.

"This just means we have a shorter time for Lucy to cast the Whitening," I sighed softly.

"Don't talk to me about dying when you allowed your friend to carry on with that spell. Tell me, how long did you know?"

"I knew ever since I found out you were made out of magic," I admitted.

"We'll both die."

I nodded my head slowly, "It's inevitable."

The silence was deafening. It was as if two terminal patients were staring right through each other's souls. In a way, I was a hypocrite. I told Lucy to allow us to help, I didn't want her to spend her last moments alone but here I am, staring death in the eye but insisting on doing it alone. Who was the actual selfish one?

Suddenly, Rogue sighed heavily and his blade disappeared.

"I'll grant you the peaceful death that you desire—by your friend's side," he said while turning away, letting his back to face me.

"You're going to let me find Lucy?" I asked, with my eyes wide opened.

"I never wanted to be a tool to Aaron anyways."

I smiled widely, "Thank you Rogue!" I chirped as I quickly ran off.

I guess the longer Rogue was linked to me, the closer he was to breaking his curse. I'll take that as a win!

Narrator POV

Rogue could not help but reminisce her voice. He turned around and gazed at the blue head as she ran as quickly as her leg could bring her. He clenched onto his chest.

"My heart aches for someone like you, I didn't know it was possible for your affection to rub off on me."

"I'm done being a service robot."

He took out an injection needle filled with a green liquid.

"Maybe more," the mage said to himself as he took out small bottles labeled 'magic enhancer' and began injecting his arm.