because I love you

Narrator POV

Lucy and Minerva was inside of Rogue's medical room. They were lying on the floor while devising a plan to infiltrate Aaron's dark pyramid-shaped lair. Scribbled brown papers and empty plastic cups once filled with dirty swamp water were scattered everywhere.

The room smell like old books and swamps.

"He has complete control over this realm. He could alter time as we know it!" Lucy exclaimed.

Minerva nodded her head, "Then plan #157 will never work," she sighed disappointedly.

Lucy sat up and stretched her back while Minerva crumpled the paper and tossed it away.

"I'm really tired, we should rest," she suggested.

Minerva began to keep their pens and protractors into a leather bag.

"Yes, let's continue tomorro-"

"Lucy!" Somebody shouted from the living room.

Minerva and Lucy became frightened at the sudden scream.

"Stay here," Lucy faked a smile.

She left the room and locked it tightly, ensuring nobody could get in. But to her relief, it was just Natsu...crying.

Natsu spotted Lucy and immediately hugged her tightly.

"What's wrong?" She asked, startled.

"Don't go on that mission. Please, just don't. I'm okay with expired food and pink coloured seaweed. Just don't go," He cried softly.

Lucy knew he found out about The Whitening.

"Natsu...hey...don't cry. Come on now," Lucy pulled him away and smiled cheerfully, "I'll be okay."

She lied right through her teeth.

Natsu shook his head and gently grip onto her delicate hands.

"No, don't go please," he glanced at her hand, where the fairy tail insignia use to be and caress it with his thumb.

"Natsu, it's the only way. I'll be fine, don't worry about me," Lucy cupped Natsu's cheeks, "Promise me you'll take care of everybody," she whispered.

Natsu bit his lips, "You can't possibly see The Whitening as an option. Things won't be the same without yo-"

"Natsu," Lucy interrupted.

She stared at the wooden floor and shook her head, "I ran away from Fairy tail for years, you were fine and healthy. Nothing will change," Lucy looked up and messed up Natsu's hair.

"I'm sorry, I'm not changing my mind."

And with that, she walked away.

Lucy couldn't bear to hear Natsu's response. She knew he was persistent and hard headed, she can never get through with him.

Laxus POV

I crossed my leg and observed Rogue. He was stiff as a board. The clock above his head wasn't moving.

"Juvia knows how much time she has left and she's not worried," I mumbled.

the next day~

"Is everybody clear on the plan?" Minerva asked as she observed everybody's faces.

Some were confused, some were unreadable while some disregarded the plan.

"Luce, are you sure you can perform the spell? You didn't even practice it or attempt to," Juvia asked from across the table.

Lucy nodded her head sharply, "It depends on luck. I can't affirm anything," she replied.