a piece of peace

A/N I suck at naming chapters :( StingLu up ahead!!

Lucy POV

I kept on pacing in the living room, occasionally staring out the window in case Juvia walks by. I should go find her but she wouldn't want to see me right now. My thoughts were interrupted when the door knob began to shake forcefully.

"Oh it's locked." I heard a man's voice said cluelessly.

Sting? I quietly got to the door and opened it slightly, peeking my head out of the small opening I made.

"Yes?" I shyly asked.

He ran his fingers through his hair. "Juvia wants me to check up on you. See if you're okay."

I nodded my head and giggled. "I'm fine, don't worry about it."

Sting looked at me with a raised eyebrow. He moved his head slightly so he could get a clearer look of the room. "Are you sure. I feel some sort of intense atmosphere around here."

I sighed but continued smiling. "Juvia was just pissed, that's all." I murmured.

Sting began to sniff out the area. "I can smell an angry Juvia around here." He joked. I laughed softly, so I wouldn't wake Yukino up.

"Hey it's getting late. You should head home now." I reminded.

He scratched the back of his neck and yawned. "I guess I have too." He grinned at me before waving goodbye and walking off.

Suddenly, "Frosch wants to sleep here!" Frosch yelled before running in the room. Sting chased him inside. "Hey come back here!" Sting ordered.

He began chasing Frosch around the room like a little child. Using my fast reflexes, I swiftly scooped Frosch from the ground and onto my arms. Kawai!

"How does Rogue deal with him anyways." Sting said while panting and placing his palms on his knees. He was sweating.

I shrugged and went into the guest room, the room Yukino allowed Juvia and I to sleep in. I gently placed Frosch on the bed and tucked him in.

Sting stood awkwardly by the door. "Uhm I'm sure Rouge wouldn't let me leave if a blonde lady just kidnap his Frosch."

I furrowed my eyebrows and rolled my eyes sarcastically. "If I kidnaped him, I would be half way out of the continent by now!" I replied.

"If you want, you can sleep here. I don't think Juvia is coming back any time soon."

Sting looked at me and slowly nod his head. "I hope I'm not disturbing you."

I shook my head left and right and smile to reassure him.

He got into the bed and hugged Lector close to him. "Oh and Lucy. You've changed a lot since the last time I saw you, 4 years ago." He chuckled.

I remembered shouting at him and throwing drinks at the convenient store long time ago out of sheer anger. I've calm and retained myself since then.

"Everybody changes." I simply answered.

He smiled softly. "Goodnight Lector! Frosch!" Sting wished.

I chuckled abit. I went to the sofa and prepared a second layer of blanket. It was a pretty chilly night since it had just rained.

"Hey, why are you sleeping on the sofa?"

To my surprise, Sting wasn't asleep yet. I turned my head and hummed a 'hm?'.

"I shouldn't be sleeping on the bed honestly, you should." He sighed.

"Eh?" I waved my hands. "Nono it's quite alright. I'm not a fan of sleeping on beds anyways." I lied.

Sting stared at me before moving slightly to the side and patting the spot beside him.

"Nonsense. You mean to tell me you've been sleeping on the sofa and you actually liked it?"

I blushed at how cute he was being right now. It wouldn't hurt, would it? I slowly got onto the bed and grabbed Frosch to cuddle with. Sting was at the other side of the bed, making sure there was a gap between us.

"Goodnight Luce!" I felt my heart dropped.

Luce.. Natsu. Happy. I wonder how they're doing. I should visit them some day if it's not too much trouble, I doubt Juvia would want to follow.

"Yeah goodnight sting." I calmly responded.

Suddenly, I felt warm strong arms enveloped me from the back. I began to squirm around before realising it was Sting.

"Oh crap." I blushed furiously.

Sting was already in deep asleep. I stared up at the ceiling to waste time and to hopefully fall asleep somehow. My heart is in pain.

Beverly..Bethany.. I can't express my grief anymore. Something is holding my tears back and I can't cry or show my pain. All I can do is smile and hope for the best. It hurts, Beverly. I don't think I can make it without you.

Memories of training and Beverly joking around flashed in my mind. I felt something heavy in my eyes, tears perhaps? But nothing came flowing down my cheeks.

"I hope you're watching us from above. I'll make sure I'll avenge you and my mom and Bethany." I whispered before slowly falling asleep.

Rouge POV

It was getting late so I decided to piggy back Juvia back home. She's surprisingly light. Even in her sleep, she kept murmuring crude and curse words.

"Fuck you. I hope you don't make it to see your grandchildren." Juvia muttered in her sleep.

I sweatdropped. Whoever angered her, should really consider heading for the borders. We finally arrived in Yukino's apartment. The door was wide open. I went in and closed it.

I tiptoed my way to the guest room when my eyes widened. Lucy and Sting were cuddling. Frosch and Hector were snuggling in between them.

"Cute, am I right!" Someone softly whispered behind me.

I jerked from the shock but slowly recovered as I realised it was Yukino.

"Why are you awake?" I whispered, not wanting to wake up the 2 blondes and exceeds.

She sighed heavily. "You think I can sleep with all the drama going on under the same roof?" She rolled her eyes.

I sighed. I saw the sofa and gently placed Juvia down.

"Maybe you should stay here for the night. It's alright late."

I shook my head left and right. "I can't really sleep anywhere but my bed."

Yukino giggled. "Was it cause your teddy bear is in your bed right now?" She teased.

I blushed furiously. "Ridiculous! I'm Rogue Cheney! I'm a heckin dragon slayer! I'm 24 and I don't need a teddy bear!" I huffed while folding my arms.

Yukino shrugged before leaving the room. It was peace and quiet. Well, I need to go home. Before I left the room, I took one last look at everybody. I slowly felt a smile crept on my face.