Bedtime

"Wuah..." Eri yawned as she was seated on Midoriya's shoulders, her chin resting on his head as she tried to stay awake. Her eyes flickered open but slowly edged themselves closed.

Midoriya only grinned as he felt her breaths shake his hair "Hold on... We are getting there Eri" he said, knowing the dorms would be close.

In reality, he did his best to smile but inside he was mad. The little girl brought them to that people filled place and she's now so tired she can't even walk straight from getting too sleepy-? Come on.

This warning was like the 10th one. His nerves were getting to him as his tone was becoming more and more low.

"I want to sleep now..." Eri said drowsily as she was starting to barely see or make out what was in front of her. She yawned again and Midoriya this time showed his rough side.

"Eri wake up. This is no place to be trying to get shut eye. This is the last time I'll tell you or I'll make you walk" he said in a serious tone that she picked up like wildfire.

She jittered a little as she could feel his discontent.

"Uhum." She nodded and raised her back. She shook a little as Midoriya's neck was tense. He was mad. At her.

"I'm sorry. Sorry." Eri murmured as Midoriya only nodded.

Mirio got mad hearing that tone "Oi Midoriya, that was uncalled for." He scolded "We can just carry her all the way-"

"You mean you can carry her all the way. If she wants to be carried by me, then I want her alert and ready. She shouldn't trust me or you. She must be observant at all times" Midoriya defended his thinking.

He punched Mirio shoulder and pointed at the end of the other side of the street.

"Trust nothing at night. I hope you are hearing me Eri. I'm not playing." He told her, which she only nodded. The little girl felt scolded, reprimanded on something she obviously did wrong. She was a bit scared she got on his nerves and he was truly angry with her. It scared her.

"I'm sorry..." She said in weak lips

"Then learn. Sorry does nothing but act as an excuse." He huffed as his eyes kept glaring at the corner of closed stores where there was a group of young and hoodlum men. All looking like slime to Dark Midoriya.

Mirio looked closer at the guys Midoriya pointed and he gasped seeing this guys were the EXACT type of what a thief gang would look like. There were about 6 guys in total from what Mirio could make out in the darkness.

As a matter of fact. Weren't they eyeing them?

One of them flicked his wrist with a finger, like trying to tell time when clearly he did not have a watch.

The bunch seemed to have gotten the message and they all left to the opposite direction.

Both Mirio and Midoriya saw that as a bad sign and a very red tinted flag of danger. The latter saw that there were an additional 5 of their members on the other corner, thanking his instincts that he caught those bastards. He was enticed to fight but he restrained hard as he wondered how that weakass version of him , the real Deku, fought.

"I see" Mirio whispered to Midoriya "Let's pick the pace"

The latter didn't even answer as he did as told. The whole way Eri wondered if whatever she did was so wrong... She kept silent as she held on. She even felt guilt she asked him for a ride on his shoulders.

🌆🌆🌆🌆🌆🌆🌆🌆🌆🌆🌆🌆🌆🌆🌆

Back at the dorm, Midoriya and Mirio were now inside as they apparently were the only ones home.