"No what I meant to say is Adhvik said that he invited you home for Diwali. Since you seemed to be fond of his family and the feelings are reciprocated. So will you go there?"

"I don't know. I said I will think about it. He knew I won't visit mom or dad. He just mentioned about it and I was thrilled of the whole family celebration. So somehow he managed to extend the invitation to me. I don't think I should go. It seemed really personal time from his words."

"He cares for you." She stated.

"I know." I managed to avoid the eye contact.

"Sri..."

"Adi..drop it! We are friends." I was annoyed.

"I know you are. And I won't say anything else. I am not teasing you Sri. The guy really cares for you and I don't want you to push him away."

"I won't. "

I confessed with all the honesty.

"I think you should go there for some time. I know you really found a connection with them. And the few times his family visited our office, they made it a point to talk to me and also ask about your whereabouts. They really like you Sri. Think about it Sri."

I was thoughtful.
"I will go."
She raised her eyebrows at my sudden decision.
"You said right. I should go. It will make them happy. It will also make me happy." I mumbled the last part.

"Ok good!"

And she snatched the newspaper from me and started reading.

I shook my head and let it go.

Between us there was no room for justifications. We get each other. She would push me to do something if she felt it is right for me and I was backing out because of fear.

I decided to message Adhvik about my decision.

Me: I will come.

Mr.Protective: Happy to hear that. The whole family is looking forwardto spend more time with you.

Me: I would love to be with them.

Adhvik: Do you have duty today?

Me: Nope. Off-duty this weekend.

Adhvik: OK! I will be coming by on Monday. Will see you then hopefully.

Me: see you :)

Adhvik: ;)

I put down my phone with a smile. Glancing around I saw four pair of eyes staring at me amused.

Adi was trying to control her laughter.

Rolling my eyes, I spoke "I decided to join Adhvik's family for Diwali."

"But we always celebrate every festival together." Uncle voiced. His protectiveness could be easily read.

I nervously bite my lips,

"He invited me last week and today I decided to go. His family is really sweet."

I caught maasi's eyes and realised she caught me.

"You don't have to leave because some relatives invited us over. We can always go together or can skip it altogether and celebrate here. I don't want you to go there, to send us over to my cousin's place."

"Maasi, I am not doing it for any wrong reasons. I really like them. I was confused when he invited me. But then I got to know that your cousin invited you all. So.... All this years you have assured me that I am a part of this family and I am. But I don't want you to ignore your family for my sake. You did it a lot in the past. Even if I joined you, I know how you all make sure I am comfortable and I always am. But maybe I need to let others in too. They are really nice people. Genuine! So there is no sacrifices or anything of that sort. I just chose a different option, maybe a little out of my comfort zone."