10. Baby Steps

"Baby steps still move you forward."

After the insightful conversations with my friends I started to put some extra effort in letting my guards down.

OK! The case is I might not be a social butterfly but neither am I an outcast.

I do know how to make friends!

However I decided to let them see my efforts.

Like on Monday when my course officially began I shared my excitement with Rose.

I asked Snehadi about my recent predicament of switching to regular classes.

With their inputs I decided to see how everything would work out at least for few days before anymore decisions.

It might not be something great but all of us knew this was my way of letting them into my circle.

During mornings I will be busy with the work at the centre while at night I would do some reading for the course.

I have joined for a one-year long Post Graduate Course in "Panjab University". I had opted for a course in mass communication.

With a PG degree in my hand and the work at 'HOPE' I could make my life a lot more easier without forcing myself to get out of the bed every morning for work.

Even if the path ahead would be filled with stones. I was sure that it won't keep me down for long. I was going to do something I enjoy and the choices were my own.

This was not a forced choice I had to take because of the situation. This was not the need of the situation but my want to make it a reality.

After the initial weeks I could easily fall in a routine and finally decided to go through the same for one year.

In between however my sleep overs at Adi's home came down in number. Instead of my usual every once in a week, I only managed to visit there once in two weeks.

On other side my new friendships blossomed. Our trio gang was able to hang out even after our shifts.

Even though I didn't share anymore of my personal life they almost came to peace with whatever they already knew.

-------------

It was another one of the afternoons when we went out for shopping.

After the shopping in sector 17, the three of us settled in the 'Softy Corner'.

None of our shopping trips would be complete without the taste of best softy in the world.

Just like all other residents of Chandigarh we do believe or rather we know that Chandigarh has got the best softy in the world.

"So Sria, what was Armaan speaking about media before we left ? " Snehadi asked initiating the topic.

"That was something I wanted to get your inputs on. " I began.

"However last time you decided to work alongside both team as the need comes. Right? So what now? " Rose cut in.

Needless to say she was not happy with me juggling between both the teams.

Some days I was not able to spend much time with them. All of us could understand the situation but she would throw some tantrum in the name of it.

Secretly I believe she didn't want me to overwork. She was more concerned for me than angry at me.

This time I gave them the full story.

"Oh! He actually spoke about switching to media as whole. Last month we decided I could work as a volunteer as well as in media team too. But then yesterday new slots were allotted and I was fully switched to media. "