11. Glimpse

"One day someone will look at you like nothing else matters."

The weekend came sooner than I expected.

Snehadi and Rose didn't let me forget the function at Advik's as they constantly chatted about the family and discussed about the dresses to wear.

"OK guys!I will wear one of my salwar but please no sarees. "

I was in conference call with both of them on Saturday morning.

"Why Sria? you could wear a simple one! Both of us are wearing one. You just can't miss out. We will help you wear it if you want."

"I don't even own one. I always borrow one of Adi's whenever I need it. And I can hardly pull it off. " I voiced my reasons.

"But we have never seen you in anything traditional. " They complained.

"So I will wear an anarkali or something but no Saree. I can't manage it." I tried to appease them.

I heard they sigh in unison but agreed nevertheless.

"Dress to kill! "I could picturise Rose winking at me from the other side of the phone.

"There won't be much crowd. Right? " I wanted to prepare myself for the event.

"It won't be crowded. Because Anands know how to manage the guests and the space but the people that are going to be present there are the ones that matter." They were giving me hints on what to expect.

"Alright I got it! I have taken out my favourite anarkali. Fine? " I rolled my eyes even though they couldn't see it.

"Which colour? "

"That you will have to wait and see. See you guys in the evening. Bye! "

I cut the call before they could reply.

It was decided that I would directly reach home of Anands since I lived in the opposite side. While the other two would come together.

I covered few topics for my syllabus during the day.

I made way out of my apartment by the time sun set.

Anand Mansion was in Sector 3, one of the best residential areas in the town.

Enroute to the venue I remembered the times when I too used to live in similar areas with well built mansions.

It was a bitter sweet reminder of the past.

I could picturise myself living in one of such mansions had I not made the decision years back. The decision that changed my life forever.The aftermath of the decision I had been fighting for a long time.

I swallowed back the lump in my throat as I pushed back the memories to the far corner of my brain, somewhere I rarely visit.

----------

My maroon anarkali had some stones in it but it was not very much grand. It was simple yet elegant.

Something Adi would tease me all the time about how it match my character, considering it was my favourite from the few traditional dresses I own. Secretly I too thought  the same.

As I stepped into the compound of Anands after paying the autorikshaw, whatever doubt I had of the guest list disappeared.

The parking lot wasn't crowded as I thought it would be. There wasn't a huge line of expensive cars. I could count the number of cars present there in my fingers.