18. Guards down

"Let your guards down at times, listen to the whispers of your heart. "

The days back in Chandigarh were normal. I settled down back to my routine. I attended my shifts in the centre, also tried to make it up for my absence. There was also huge pile of course material to get over. Even though I could have dealt with it while I was in Mumbai my lack of focus didn't allow me. So I made a point to keep up using some extra study time.

In between I also managed to have a few sleep overs at Adi's. Her family already had a good idea of what transpired in Mumbai, so I didn't have to give them a detailed report. Those days while I was away Adi saw into it that she keep them updated.

However, in between all these I could not squeeze in much time to sit and talk with Adhvik, Rose or Snehadi.

I was not sure how much I was ready to speak about. With Rose and Snehadi, I was planning to keep it brief. I would tell them the important and key points of my life and I believe it would be enough. They would understand.

But with Advik...I can't be sure. That guy definitely helped me a lot in the whole ordeal. But I could not be sure whether I was ready to bare my heart in front of him. He was a great listener and he listens to understand.

And I trust him...but to speak it all out. I don't know whether I trust myself to do it.

Even if I decided to keep it brief, somehow or the other I could see myself spilling out everything to him. He has it in him. He could get through my guards and very well... sooth my wounds. Maybe that's the reason of his successful career. He is one hell of a lawyer.

If with his gentle voice and careful prodding I could spill out my guts, I could only wonder how well he would be as a lawyer in the courtroom. He has a strong presence, which he tries to keep gentle and warm in the center. However at times I did see him intimidating, when he could no longer control it and finally snaps. Hence I believe, in a courtroom he would be a force to reckon with.

I have not met him properly after my return. I barely managed to catch a few glimpses of him while he was working on his cases. A long conversation was definitely due.

I shook my head with a small smile. They were all growing on me and this time I won't resist it.

It was already Sunday evening. I cleaned my apartment and went through the chores that I had been putting off for a while. I decided to take a day off before another hectic week.

It was time to introspect. The last few weeks had definitely made me stronger mentally and emotionally.

I won't say I have won all my battles, but somehow I have gathered enough strength to face them. With the tea cup in my hand I looked over the evening sun. It was a lovely evening. Maybe a perfect one for an evening walk.

But I feel to lethargic to get down and make an effort.

I somehow managed to lose myself and daydream.

The thoughts helped me to come up with more points for an article I was working upon. I was not yet ready to sit and write but did jot down the key points for later.

The shrill voice of my phone disturbed me from the small world that I created for myself.

The ID read Mr.Protective.

I answered the call without any delay.

"Hey!" I was still a bit distracted with my thoughts.

"Hey! Are you ok? You sound down." His concerned voice answered back.