16.Overwhelm

"In overwhelming anxiety she found overwhelming grace."

The journey was silent.

And in my view Adhvik was giving extra attention on the road.

It had been nearly 20 minutes since we left the city.

"Where are you staying? "

"Vrinda's family has a holiday home here in Mumbai. So right now we are staying there. Then Shyaam lives in a flat in Bandra so usually we stay there while visiting."

He was giving all the information to keep the conversation going. Maybe he was trying to make it up for losing his temper earlier. I smiled at the thought.

"Bandra?! Not bad. "

"Ha! He was quite lucky to get it there."

"What's he doing? " I actually had no much idea about his family.

Other than the fact that I impressed them somehow.

"He is managing the family business. We have a branch here. "

"Oh! "

He gave me a smile.

" Why didn't you join the business? "

He raised one of his eyebrows.

"Asks the girl who quit her job and joined a new course. "

"You aren't interested?" I pointed out my reason and connected with his.

"Nope! As you noticed already I am a very emotional person. And also very incapable to handle the business.Di is working and also Atharv will be joining soon. "

"So you are the black sheep of the family? " I asked playfully.

"If you mean odd one, then I am! But our family supports whatever decisions we make. So once I realized what I wanted, it wasn't so difficult to pursue it. "

I nodded with a smile, genuinely happy for him.

"How much longer? " I asked looking the long road ahead.

"Is my company boring you? I am trying my best to engage you in a conversation. " He fake-pouted.

I chuckled but shook my head.

"No I was wondering whether you are kidnapping me. "

"Is that so? Are you doubting my intentions? And you actually found the real one too! " He mocked seriousness.

"OK! OK! That's it. You should have joined theatre not law. You will do well there with all these expression of yours. " I reigned in my laughter.

"I did theatre in college but then realized I couldn't act on stage for the life of me. But only in real life. So opted law after my Bachelor's! "

He winked at me. I laughed at his lively nature. I wondered how within few minutes he calmed down and was back to his own self.

There was something about him. Something alive! Which could push you to your limits and then bring you back to life. Something that demands your happiness. Something that spreads a strong positive aura.

I sat there observing him. He was driving in a relaxed stance, humming something under his breath and drumming his fingers on the steering wheel to its rhythm.

"It's rude to stare. " He stated with his eyes still on the road.

I shrugged with a half smile and looked away. The silence was not uncomfortable but still I felt the need to fill it. Fumbling with the radio I switched on the music and let the sweet music fill the car.