8. Walls

"Sometimes our walls exist just to see who has the strength to knock them down."

The drive back to the apartment was more lighter.

Stepping inside my home, I felt more relaxed than I felt in a long while.

Maybe slowly, step by step my inner self was putting back the scattered pieces.

I didn't allow myself to ponder any longer.

To analyse and think over a situation was one thing but to overdo it meant trouble.

And I had been a troublemaker for a while now. It's high time I work on it.

Hence it was decided to distract me from the thoughts which would only entwine the web.

I did my preparation for the commencement of course next week.

I have got 9 more days and I had to collect a little more information about the whole process.

I decided to visit the university and to get more details of the procedures once again.

I did a little more research on my syllabus and other articles that interested me.

Fretting over my endless thoughts I didn't spend much time on the preparation.

That afternoon I visited Adi and family.

Being a Sunday all were home and we spent quality time.

We didn't discuss anything on the tension surrounding me for the past few days.

But they could certainly feel my better mood and were happy about it.

However in between the conversation I slipped how better I feel and said, "With time everything will fall in place. "

I didn't know whether it was the conviction in my voice or the hope in their heart but this repeated phrase appeased them.

Maybe it was the fact that for the first time I was the one using this phrase.

The following week I visited the campus, collected details and finally was all set to begin the course.

Even though it was distant and everything I was still excited to be a student once again.

Everyone at the centre was supportive and were excited on my behalf.

I had also bumped into Advik once this week who wished me luck for the new beginning.

With all the positive aura around, whatever anxiety I had, subdued. I felt all confident about my decision and this new step.

------------------------

The weeks ahead I was able to manage my course as well as the work at centre.

Everything was falling in place and I felt totally settled within a month. I believed I did right by choosing to continue my studies. I was glad of my choice to work for the centre too.

It had been almost two months since I started working there and within this span I made some great friends.

Sneha and Rose were great support. I did speak to almost everyone volunteering, it was only our schedules which were same almost everyday.

Armaan had already asked me to switch to media if I could since the team lacked members.

When I discussed about it with Sneha and Rose, they too supported the idea.

Adi however didn't tell anything as she felt it should be my decision. Probably she didn't want to get dragged into the work related to the centre. She never made any comments related to my career, except when I resigned last time.