2.Family

"Family isn't always blood. it's the people in your life who want you in theirs, the ones who accept you for who you are..the ones who would do anything to see you smile and who LOVE you no matter what "

Sria

Sitting at the cafe waiting for Adi in the following evening, I took a quick glance over the surroundings. This was our usual spot for ages. The place was usually filled with folks of different ages and today was no different.

I could see teenagers hanging out with their gang, couples lost in their own world, men returning from their office in dire need of a coffee, the old friends gossiping about the news around, as usual, people were in a break from the rush of their life.

I knew Adi would be reaching soon and I made sure that our bevarages are already ready on the table. Adi preferred coffee much to my disappointment as I was always a tea lover. However at late nights it was coffee that I prefer, a habit of Adi.

Another example of our different preferences.

Sighing, I took a sip of my tea.

"Wow! You are early.. " The mocking tone of my best friend greeted me as she approached our table.

Even with all the hustle and bustle of the cafe I could easily make out her words from the other side of the cafe.

"I am always on time unlike some people! " And our bickering started.

"Oh yes mam! You are always on time. But I did have work and on returning.. Got stuck in traffic! "

"Reasons and reasons.. Everyone has!"
I mocked keeping a straight face without listening much to her statement.

"Oh yes its only you who can make up those 'reasons' right? " She taunted me quoting 'reasons' with her hands and took the opposite seat to mine in our table for two.

Before I could defend myself, she continued, "Now, focus on the matter in hand Sri. And tell me what exactly is going in that stupid head of yours. "

She put all her frustration in those words.

"Will do! But before that have your coffee. Without some caffeine in your system I know you won't be able to listen."

She gave me a look which clearly said 'stop-messing-with me' and took a sip from her coffee cup.

"Now tell me all about your plans! Let me know what your oh-so-genius brain came up with! "

Rolling my eyes at the pathetic act of my best friend to cover up her curiosity, I continued,
"Mock all you want! But both of us know, you are very well in this plan even if you agree with me or not."

"That is there but still one could voice her opinion,right?!" She posed a rhetorical question.

I didn't bother replying back to her as I gave in. Even though without voicing it out loud, it's pretty obvious that it was the time to address the elephant in the room, and not for any pointless banter.

"So... I thought that since my old job somehow lost its charm on me why couldn't I do something which might never bore me?!?"

She raised her eyebrows asking,
"And what is that? Fighting with me? "

"But I hardly believe that anyone will pay you to do 'this' favorite hobby of yours." She spoke stressing on the word 'this'.

And we were back to being us! However hard we try to discuss something serious, somehow or the other we would end up bickering.

"Oh yes that is my most favorite hobby but there is something else too sweetie..try to recollect? "

This time her face showed pure confusion as she pondered over my words.