19. Celebration

"The more you celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate."

I spoke with Rose and Snehadi without letting myself to delay. The hug we shared after the conversation was of understanding.

I didn't explain everything in detail but they now know where I stood with my family.

Our bond became stronger. Also somehow they became more protective of me too, which was quite endearing.

When I took up the media representation for the centre the following week , our time together reduced. However somehow those two managed to make time to catch up with me. It's really great to have few more people in life who care enough to know how I spent my week and about my career plans. They helped me in seeing things more clearly and sorting out my own options for future.

I might have reasoned something or the other with Adi. But I wasn't sure myself about the real reason why I joined the centre.

I knew which all weren't my reasons. I didn't join to feel blessed after witnessing the hardships of others lives. I didn't join in a blind hope that I can make this world better.

However I really hoped I can also be a part of some differences and maybe I hoped to do the little that I was capable of, to make this world a better place.

I learnt a lot from this place. I learnt to smile not only after the storm, but also while facing it. I learnt the importance of team work. I learnt after every fall people can pick themselves up with right support system. And I learnt an important lesson that everyone takes their own time to heal.

The centre and my syllabus preparation occupied most of my time.

----

It was finally a weekend and I was back to Adi's place.

" Hey,listen Sri..." We just had our breakfast and was still in our pyjamas,lazing on a Saturday morning.

"Hmm.." I replied absently as I read through the article in the newspaper.

"Listen Yaar..." She was whining.

"I am listening."

"You aren't."Adi was being her annoying self in the morning.

"I am"

"Sri!"

"Adi!"

We stared at each other. We won't back down until one of us look away.

Finally I gave up and let go of my newspaper. I leaned forward with my hands on the dining table.

"What is the matter?" My expression was keen.

"Are you in touch with Kunal?"

"Yes I am."

"Good." She continued,

"Will you be visiting them for Diwali? You already skipped during Navratri."

"I haven't thought about it. I don't think I will." I saw the look she gave me.

"I know I said I will make an effort. But I don't want to push myself too hard. Maybe I will visit them during Christmas. But not this soon. I had to sort out something before visiting them."

At her questioning look, I mouthed "dad".

She nodded her head in understanding and let the matter drop.

"So you will be celebrate Diwali with us, right?"

"I have been doing that for years. " I replied in confusion.