12.Confusions

"I have got thoughts more tangled than my headphones. "

Snehadi and Rose went to meet some guests as the function came to an end.
They even got me introduced to few. However I excused myself after awhile.

With the slow wind blowing in the background I stared at the beautiful scene in front of me. It was comforting. A promise of happiness that's deserved in everyone's destiny.

I smiled to myself!

Someone cleared the throat to my side. I greeted Advik with a raised eyebrow.

"Hy! "

"Hi. Enjoying? " He was actually trying to small talk.

I shrugged with a smile. "Ya!"

"But it doesn't seem so. " He frowned.

"It's not like I know many people here. But believe me I am glad to be here. Thanks for inviting me."

He stood silently watching me as if to read my mind.

"The pleasure is all mine. I am sorry for not telling you in person."

"It's all good! I understand you were busy. "

He nodded and turned to stand by my side facing the crowd.

He ran his hand over his hair messing it up. He seemed tired.

"Tired? "

He shooked his head.

"It had been a long week with preparations and the work. "

"But its all worth the smile adoring their faces. Right? "

I asked nodding towards the couple of the night. A slow smile graced his lips as he laid his eyes on them.

"Yes. It's all worth it! "

We shared a smile that could convey our thoughts, a hundred words couldn't. Our eyes were locked as our smile stretched to full blown grin.

I was the one who looked away first as I didn't want to end up laughing.

However we ended up chuckling turning away.

"They were in love for a long time! " Advik broke the silence we comfortably fell in.

I turned to look at him. While his gaze was stuck at the happy couple who stole the night.

His eyes had a spark in them as it glazed in the night's lights. I could feel him drifting away to his own world.

"Love!?!" He spoke as if to know how it feels on his lips. "Does it feel so amazing, being in love?" He asked looking at me but not seeing me.

"Isn't the term mysterious at the same time?" He spoke turning away.

Physically he was present beside me but his mind was miles away.

Slowly he drifted away.

I gave him my silent company, even though I believed he would have hardly noticed if I walked away.

It was only when Krish, while playing, came on stumbling to him that he drifted back to this world.

He gave me a quick smile. But both of us didn't comment on last few minutes.

"Don't you want to attend to the guests? " I asked.

"Oh I did! " Upon my questioning glance, "At least the important ones. I was entitled to do the preparations. Others had to do attend the guests and everything. "