7.Time

"The trouble is you think you have time"

The ticks of the clock and the beats of my heart brought me to the D-day, sooner than I wished.

It was soon August 4. The day I wanted to avoid. The day I was running away from.

Alas! The time always had a way to catch up.

My emotions were all over the place.

However hard I tried to clear up my thoughts, it was still a mess.

All the steps I took to move ahead felt like nothing.

I knew I still had a long way to go.

Laying in my bed in the morning I wanted to hide in there for the rest of the day.

However hiding wasn't meant for me. I wanted to be busy whole day. Every year this day I would try my best to occupy myself.

I had even promised to be present overnight to avoid the emptiness of my apartment.

Sending a quick text to Adi I resumed my day.

------

"Good morning  Sria. " Rose greeted me with an extra smile.

"Good morning! Aaj itna khush kyon hai? " (Why are you so happy today?)

I tried my best to give a happy smile.

"Bas! Aise hi!"(Just like that!) She winked walking away.

I sighed moving to settle down my things. I have already gotten used to her nature.

"Rough night? " Snehadi asked when I joined her to discuss about new entrants.

At my confused look, she elaborated "You look too tired!"

"Lack of sleep. " I mumbled.

"You are planning to stay overnight. Right?
Maybe we can arrange for someone else."
She suggested.

"No its okay. I am fine. With 2 more cups of tea, I will be good!"

I smiled at her concern.

"That Won't do! Maybe you should rest for awhile."

"There's no need Di! I am fine! "
I tried to convince her.

Even though she was not satisfied, she let it go.

------------------

That evening I was with some children in the centre. And the main focus of my attention was on Dev, a 9-year old boy who recently came in.

Unlike other victims he was an energyball from Day1.

His mother was a victim of domestic violence.

I never understood how he could be of such high spirits after growing up in such an environment.

I have heard as well as witnessed many cases where children were traumatized for life but this little guy was a surprise.

He would go to any extend to make his mother smile. I hoped I could also borrow some of his energy.

We were in the backyard as he was playing around. He was also trying to get other children to join him. Succeeding in some case.

"Di! Join us" He yelled.

I shook my head as I saw he was successful in dragging almost all the 4 children who came out.

"Why are you not playing?" I heard someone asking gently.

Turning around I saw Advik bringing out Neha, the 12-year old girl about whom we were discussing in our first meeting.