"That's okay. The couch is fine. Just keep your hands to yourself."

Taehyung shrugged a shoulder. "Suit yourself."

"Where's the bathroom," I asked, turning around, then nearly jumped out of my skin. The other guy with the gun, Jungkook I think, was propped up in the doorway. Wearing only a pair of sweatpants, his black hair glossy and wet, he stood watching me with his arms across his chest. And holy hell, what a chest it was. His right arm and pec was covered in ink. Each design blended into the next so perfectly as they trailed their way up his neck that it looked like he had sat in the chair for hours just to have it done at once. Hell, for all I knew, he had. He looked like the kind of guy who enjoyed pain a little too much.

Slipping one hand out of the other, he jerked his thumb toward the door to his left and smirked. "Bathroom's that way."

"T-thank you."

His smirk darkened for just a second as his eyes trailed over me, pulling his lower lip between his teeth as he looked. Had these guys never had sex before? They were acting like a bunch of dogs with a bone. And I was the bone. Finally, he looked away, addressing Taehyung. "Hyung wants us all downstairs in thirty." He looked back at me and deadass winked. "Business to attend to." And then he was gone.

I looked back at Taehyung. "Towels are in the bathroom. Clean yourself up and wait for me to come back," he said, closing the door behind him.

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Then a thought hit me. I ran for the door and threw it open. "Got any clothes I can wear?"

Taehyung was halfway down the stairs. "Nope. Go naked for all I care," he called back without even looking. I slammed the door and sunk to the floor.

"What the fuck have I got myself into?" I leaned my head back against the door and scrubbed my hands down over my face. I had no idea how long Taehyung would be gone, but I figured the time would pass quicker if I spent it in the tub.

When I walked into the bathroom, I had to stop and brace myself against the door. It was bigger than any bathroom I'd ever seen. That wasn't saying much, but it was still huge by my standards. There was a tub and a separate shower room with a glass surround and all kinds of different control panels that just confused the shit out of me. I stood there for several minutes, naked, before I figured out the damn thing had a voice command, too. I nearly had an orgasm when the first spray of water hit my nasty skin. How any of them could have stood to be so close to me before was a mystery. I'd intended on taking a shower and then soaking in the tub, too, but the spray felt so glorious on my body, I ended up spending a full hour just standing underneath it. I picked the best smelling soaps and shampoos and scrubbed what felt like three layers of skin off until my skin was nearly raw. It felt good to finally be clean.

After my shower, I poked around in a tall wooden cabinet until I found some lotion stuck in the back that didn't smell like a man and coated myself in it. My skin was in such bad shape that it soaked it all up as quickly as I put it on, so I added another layer. By the time I walked out of the bathroom, almost two hours had passed. I was bent down, smelling my arm, and didn't notice Taehyung sitting on his bed watching me. I looked up and met his dark eyes and nearly jumped out of my newly pampered skin.

"Took you long enough." He was leaning back against the wall, tossing a ball from one hand to the other. I sat down on the edge of the couch with my eyes focused on the floor.

"Sorry. It's my first shower."

"In how long?" He leaned forward, propping his arms on his knees.

I shrugged. "Ever. As far as I know." When his eyes widened in shock, or horror, I flashed an embarrassed smile. "I don't remember anything past a year ago."

"What, like amnesia?"

"I guess. I just woke up one day on the streets, naked and alone, and that's the first thing I know."

"And you've been surviving like this ever since?"

"Yeah."

When he didn't say anything else, I cautioned a glance. He had leaned back against the wall again and was watching me with an unreadable expression while his tongue ran back and forth behind his lower lip.

"What?"

"I'm just trying to figure out if you're telling the truth."

I narrowed my eyes. "What reason would I have to lie about something like that?"

"What reason, indeed."

"Why did you bring me here if you're just going to question my motives? Your boss was the one that offered. Not me. Looks like if I was trying to weasel my way in for nefarious reasons, I'd have done something a lot more clever than try to get myself killed breaking into your car."

Taehyung cocked his head to the side, his head still leaning back. Like he couldn't care less about the situation. "Unless you're a really well-trained operative. Or a sleeper."

I laughed ruefully. "I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. I'd have to be the most woefully under appreciated opperative in the history of the world to have spent a year trying not to die, just to end up here. Talk about a long con."

Taehyung didn't say anything. He just watched me and tossed his ball around. I threw myself back into the couch and crossed my arms over my chest. I was still wearing nothing but a towel and I was getting cold, but I wasn't about to admit that to Taehyung.

My stomach growled loudly and I looked up, embarrassed. Taehyung lifted an eyebrow. I huffed and rolled my eyes.

"You hungry?"

I twisted up my face and laughed sarcastically. "Well, it has been about three days since I had a real meal, so yeah. I could eat."

To his credit, Taehyung's face blushed. He leaned forward and slid off the end of the bed. "Then come on. I'll find something for you to eat."

I stood, but didn't make a move toward the door. I looked down at my towel. My long, black hair was knotted down my back, but it was almost dry and would be next to impossible to get a brush through. I bit my lip and looked down, suddenly fighting back tears. Why had I agreed to come here?

Taehyung turned when I didn't join him at the door and caught me just as I was angrily brushing a tear off my cheek. "What's wrong?" His voice was surprisingly compassionate.

"I shouldn't have agreed to this. I don't have clothes. My hair's a knot. And I have no idea what you guys are going to expect of me."

I heard Taehyung sigh, but didn't look up as he walked across the room and disappeared into the bathroom. A minute later, he came out with a handful of clothes. He thrust them forward. I was so happy to see them, I didn't even think twice about dropping my towel and snatching them from his outstretched hands. He immediately looked up at the ceiling. My face flushed hot and I clutched the clothes in front of me.

"Sorry. Living on the streets, you kind of lose your dignity real fast." I tugged the shirt and sweatpants on as quickly as I could. They were both a little loose on my malnourished body and I had to pull the drawstring pretty tight to get the pants to stay on my hip bones. When I was covered, Taehyung dropped down in front of me. I flinched and stepped backward when he reached for my leg. He looked up at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Sorry. I don't like to be touched by men."

He held up his hands. "I'm just rolling up the bottoms of the pants so you don't trip walking down the stairs.

I took a deep breath and nodded. He did just what he said and stood, giving me a curious look before turning back to the door. "Come on. Let's get some food in you. You look like you could blow away in a stiff breeze if anyone opened a window."