We need to talk (28)

Camila felt someone shake her body, at first slowly, but it gradually increased. She continued sleeping, because she thought it was a dream. She tried to go back to her dream, she didn't remember it very well, but it was something happy, she was sure of it.

"Nugget."

The gentle whisper caused the Latina to wake up slowly from her sleep, and a broad smile appeared on her face, but it vanished when she reached for Lauren with her hands and found only emptiness. Camila opened her eyes, alarmed, and turned on the bed, coming across Selena, who smirked at her and stroked her face. Not again, the Latina lamented in thought. She was completely frightened by the possibility that last night was just a dream.

"She didn't come here, did she?" Camila asked sadly, her chest tight. She couldn't have dreamed of Lauren, she wanted it to be real. She must have spent the night with her stupid little boyfriend, and here I was, thinking of her like a fucking fool, she thought angrily.

"Who? Lauren?" Camila nodded. "Oh no, she did. But she had to leave. She cooked you breakfast." Selena pointed to the nightstand where there was a tray full of things for Camila to eat. "She said something about meeting the cast of her new movie and then hanging out with Ally." The woman shrugged and Camila sighed in relief.

Thank god it wasn't a dream, Camila thanked in thought.

The Latina sat up on the bed and stretched, her body gradually releasing its tension. Selena watched her, smiling, she was happy to see her best friend all smiley. Her skin looked even more beautiful.

"Lauren is good for you." Selena commented, drawing Camila's attention. The Latina just smiled awkwardly. "I'm rooting for the two of you, you know that, don't you?"

"I know." The Latina sighed before stretching again. Camila grabbed the tray and placed it on her lap over the covers. It was impossible not to be happy about Lauren's gesture, cooking her breakfast even if she wasn't there by her side. "She didn't say anything else?" Camila asked, trying to sound casual and not desperate. Deep down, she wished Lauren had left her a message. Something like 'see you later', she completed in thought.

"Not that I remember, she left in a hurry." Camila arched a brow, curious. "She and Dinah bickered again. Then Lauren called DJ Blunderbore again and-"

"Wait a minute..." Camila interrupted Selena, she couldn't stop laughing. "Lauren called Dinah Blunderbore?"

Now they were both laughing loudly. Camila's face was so red that she looked like she was having an asthma attack. And Selena laughed so hard that she almost fell off the edge of the bed a few times.

"She did, twice."

"Oh my God. That's a good one, I'd never thought of calling Dinah Blunderbore before. Lauren is the best."

Selena stopped laughing for a few seconds and flashed a huge smile; Camila's eyes sparkled when she quoted Lauren. It's so good to see her this way, the woman thought, watching her friend. Selena thought she'd never see Camila like this again because of someone, she thought her best friend had really closed herself off to feelings since it didn't work out the first time.

"What's so funny?" The bedroom door opened and a curious Dinah walked in, her hair tied in a tight ponytail; she was still wearing the pajamas that Selena had lent her.

Camila looked at Dinah, then at Selena, and the two of them burst out laughing again. Dinah frowned, curious to know what those two were laughing at.

"Nothing, nothing." Selena finally said, fanning herself with her hands; she was breathless from laughing so much. On the other hand, Camila was still laughing, she simply couldn't stop. And Dinah rolled her eyes and sat down on the bed next to her friends.