I have no idea (17)

Her mind was far away, Lauren couldn't focus on anything but her troubled and messy thoughts. Ryan hadn't noticed until then, the two of them were trying to study the script for Blowaster's next episode, but obviously it wasn't working.

"You're not listening to me, are you?" The British boy huffed, rolling his eyes. Once again Lauren hadn't heard what he said, she was too distracted. The boy left the script on the bed and stopped in front of her, who was more focused on staring at the wall. "Lauren!" He grabbed her shoulders with both hands and shook her back and forth, trying to wake her.

Lauren jumped up, widening her eyes due to the scare. It took a few seconds for her to come back to reality. "What happened?" She asked, confused, to then clear her throat and shift on the mattress.

Ryan rolled his eyes and backed away, watching her curious face.

"Daydreaming, huh?" He joked, breaking the weird atmosphere between them. Lauren felt her cheeks blush and lowered her head, and Ryan smiled. "I thought you wanted help with your lines." He tilted his head towards the script on the bed, raising his eyebrows.

Lauren sighed, throwing her script on the bed as well.

"And I do... I just..." She pressed her lips together, shaking her head.

Ryan narrowed his eyes, slowly connecting one thing to another. He knew that there was something wrong with Lauren.

"Okay..." He accommodated himself better on the mattress, crossing his legs and staring straight into Lauren's face. "Tell me what's going on with you."

Lauren let out a long sigh, debating with herself about whether to talk to Ryan or keep to herself all those thoughts that roamed her mind. Better to just forget about it all, that was her final decision. She needed to forget about it.

"Nothing important." She lied, hating herself for lying to her best friend. "I was just remembering some things I have to do." She shrugged, as if she wanted to show that it really wasn't important.

Ryan narrowed his eyes suspiciously. He knew that there was something wrong, but he wouldn't press her. She'd tell him eventually, Lauren always told him everything.

"Uh... Okay then." The boy flashed her a smile, and Lauren reciprocated it, relieved that he didn't pursue the matter. Thank God, she thought. "Can we go back to studying the script then?"

"Yes!" She readily agreed, making the boy laugh.

"No distractions this time?"

"No distractions." She put her left hand over her heart and raised her right one, promising.

Ryan nodded his head and grabbed the script, flipping over to page two, and then they went back to studying the lines.

This time Lauren really paid attention.

[...]

It was already late afternoon when the two of them finally finished studying the script for the next episode of Blowaster where Lauren would have several scenes and lines. The two of them were lying on the floor of the balcony, on the blanket that the brunette had placed there. She had her head resting on the boy's chest as he hugged her sideways.

"I have an idea! How about we go clubbing today?" Ryan suggested, and Lauren grimaced.

The brunette really wasn't in the mood to go out to somewhere crowded, but she also couldn't stand being in her apartment without doing anything but sleep, eat and surf the internet.

"Although I'm not in the mood to be surrounded by sweaty, drunk people, I need to drink and relax." Ryan smiled brightly at that, he was quite excited to go out. "But remember to behave."