The original witch

ELIJAH'S POV

Dear Elijah,

You have always been the smart and sensible protector compared to Nik. You have been and always will be my big brother for all those years we spent together. As my big brother, I need you to do something for our big dysfunctional and sometimes crazy family. I had a good tip that something is coming. Please don't ask specifics because it's a long story and writing letters isn't my skill. I need you to find anything and everything about the Original witch. She is coming, and the worst part is that I don't know when. So please do this for me because she is coming straight for Hope. So protect her and help Stefan look out for all the crazy kids. They will know he's looking out for them but not you. I love you big brother.

Your little sister,
Samantha

I sat there and saw the words Original witch in my focus. My mother has been dead for a thousand years so this has to be a mistake. Of course, Samantha doesn't know that because we never talked of our mother to anyone. And if she is back, what would she want with Hope dead? 

Our mother was the Original witch. She is the witch that created vampires, but by doing so she upset the balance of nature. She transformed my siblings and I into what we are now. But if what Samantha had wrote then she had a vengence for Hope, Niklaus' child. Which makes sense because he killed her in the first place. 

I went to my library and searched for my mother's grimore. But I couldn't find it. This isn't going to be good. I walked into the room where Kol was and asked "Have you seen our mother's grimore?" He turned and said "No, sorry, mate." This isn't good at all.