SKIN

DAMON'S POV

I was at the Grill. Tossing back another borboun as Sam was talking to Matt. They are having a band tonight but they are late and everyone is getting antsy. I looked at Donnovan and said "Sam is a great singer. Writes her own songs too." I winked at him. He smiled turned to her handing her the drink that he was pouring and said "Would you mind helping us out?"

She giggled. I hadn't heard that come from her in a long time. "Got a guitar?" She asked him. He handed me the bottle. He knew I was having a bad day, obviously. He didn't know the specifics, but he knew that it was bad. "All on the stage." She smiled to them and walked to the band that was there. They were missing the lead singer, not the whole band. I realized as I looked at the stage. I turned to see Klaus walk in and Hope next to him. He never brought her anywhere but I had to know what was going on. He walked to me and Hope ran into my arms. "Uncle Damon." I smiled and hugged her. She always mananged to brighten my day. "What are you doing here, munchkin?" 

I looked to Klaus and Hope said "Daddy said we are going to get Mommy back." I looked astonished at Klaus. He smiled then looked at the stage. I watched as he walked up to Sam and was talking. Then I saw him look into Sam's eyes. I saw everything hit her at once. She looked to me then to Hope. She looked angry so I dropped my head. Klaus walked back to us and ordered a drink. Hope had been talking when I told her "You mom is about to sing." She looked to the stage and with realization she said. "That's my mommy?" I nodded my head and heard a guitar strum then told Hope "Yes that is your mom." For twelve years I've kept that from her but finally I could tell her. 

SKIN BY ALEXZ JOHNSON

I drift away to a place
Another kind of life
Take away the pain
I create my paradise

Everything I've held
Has hit the wall
What used to be yours
Isn't yours at all

Falling apart, and all that I'm asking
Is it a crime, am I overreacting

Oh, he's under my skin
Just give me something to get rid of him
I've got a reason now to bury this alive
Another little white lie

So what you had didn't fit
Among the pretty things
Never fear, never fear
I now know where you've been

Braids have been un-tied
As ribbons fall away
Leave the consequence
But my tears you'll taste

Falling apart and all that I question
Is this a dream or is this my lesson

Oh, he's under my skin
Just give me something to get rid of him
I've got a reason now to bury this alive
Another little white lie

I don't believe I'll be alright
I don't believe I'll be OK
I don't believe how you've thrown me away
I do believe you didn't try
I do blame you for every lie
When I look in your eyes, I don't see mine

Oh, he's under my skin
Just give me something to get rid of him
I've got a reason now to bury this alive
Another little white lie

Oh my permission to sin
You might have started my reckoning
I've got a reason now to bury him alive
Another little white lie

I saw her crying halfway through the song. Klaus was smiling as she sang but his face dropped as he realized how much he had hurt her. He finally realized he couldn't do as he wanted and get away with it. Hope looked me and asked "Why is she so sad?" I didn't know how to answer her so I just shook my head. Sam finally got her family back but something eluded me altogether through this whole situation. Was she happy that she didn't know the truth? Would she rather be here next to her family or gone with nothing to hold her down. The band continued and I heard Sam sing but she wasn't into as before. She had other things on her mind and both of them were sitting next to me. She finished walked up to me and asked "So how much did you know?" I looked to my feet when Hope spoke first. "Hello, I'm Hope." I saw Sam's eyes grow bigger. "Samantha." She took Hope's hand and shook it. She then turned to Klaus. He smiled and she slapped his face. "How could you?" She ran. 

I ran after her. "SAM!" We were in the middle of the woods thanks to Vamp speed. "Samantha, that was your daughter." Samantha looked at me and started yelling. "I KNOW WHO THAT WAS DAMON. HOW COULD YOU, OF ALL PEOPLE, ALLOW HIM TO DO THIS TO ME? I MISSED OUT ON HER LIFE." I stepped closer to her to grab her arm and said "We were protecting you. He loves you." She shook her head and said "I'm no better than our mother. I should have died, at least there would have been an excuse to my absence."

We didn't hear no one approach but we heard the british accent when he said "She doesn't blame you." Sam turned to him and saw Hope next to him. Hope smiled to Sam. "I'm sorry I haven't been there for you baby." Hope had that effect on people. Hope came up to Sam and hugged her. "I'm glad you are here now, mommy." Klaus stared adoringly at Sam and Hope. A tear escaped my eye. I had my little sister back, again.