When I look at you

DAMON'S POV

I always visited Hope at least once a day. I had made a promise to Sam that I would protect her, so I did just that. I walked into Klaus' mansion and up the stairs to Hope's room. I knock on the door and walk in. She turns and says "Uncle Damon." And she runs up to me. She jumps in my arms as I say "How's my favorite niece?" She giggles and says "I'm your only niece, Uncle Damon." I take a look at her and say "Precisely why you are my favorite."

I looked at my feet then back at her. "I brought you something, and what is the rules to the things I bring you?" She has to  remember this because he will kill me if he knows of these particular items I've brought to Hope. She says like she is reciting "Don't tell Daddy or Aunt Rebekah, Uncle Elijah, Uncle Kol, or anyone else. They can not see it, it must stay hidden." She smiles at me. I smile back then pull out paper from my pocket and hand it to her. It is folded and she then unfolds it and says "It's a song." I nod and state "It was your mothers." She picked up the guitar, that I taught her how to play. I thought it was important that every trait that she got from Sam should be exploited to remind Klaus who her mother was. I missed my little sister and this was the only way I could be next to her. Spending time with her daughter, Hope. She was turning out alot like Sam. I told her "She wrote this to your father when she was pregnant with you." I saw her reading the words and asked "Did my mom love my daddy?"

I turned around and looked away from her. I didn't like lying to Hope. "Very much."  Klaus wouldn't even tell Hope about her Mother. So everything she knew she got from me. I looked at her over my shoulder and tears fell her face. I walked up to her and said "What's wrong?" I said like an Uncle should. "Why did she leave me?" Klaus told me not to tell Hope why Sam left. Since when do I listen to him, I say "Your dad had to compel her to leave you for her safety." She nodded then asked "Is she going to come back to me?" I looked at her and said "She may be alot closer than you think." She smiled then looked at the song again. She started to strum and sing. 

"When I Look At You"

Everybody needs inspiration

Everybody needs a song

A beautiful melody

When the nights are long

'cause there is no guarantee

That this life is easy

Yeah when my world is falling apart

When there's no light

To break up the dark

That's when I, I

I look at you

When the waves are flooding the shore

And I can't find my way home any more

That's when I, I

I look at you

When I look at you

I see forgiveness

I see the truth

You love me for who I am

Like the stars hold the moon

Right there where they belong

And I know I'm not alone

Yeah when my world is falling apart

When there's no light

To break up the dark

That's when I, I

I look at you

When the waves are flooding the shore

And I can't find my way home any more

That's when I, I

I look at you

You appear just like a dream to me

Just like kaleidoscope colors that cover me

All I need

Every breath that I breathe

Don't you know you're beautiful

Yeah, yeah, yeah

When the waves are flooding the shore

And I can't find my way home any more

That's when I, I

I look at you

I look at you

Yeah,

Whoa-oh,

You appear just like a dream to me

She sounds just like my baby sister. I cried.