12 years later

12 years later....

SAM'S POV

I was walking down the streets of San Francisco. I don't remember anything about my past, not really. My phone started vibrating in my pocket. I looked at it and decided not to answer. Damon has been calling me for days but I refuse to answer the calls because we had a fight over a decade ago. I am not sure what it was about but I remember being angry and upset about it. 

I let it go to voicemail. He normally doesn't leave any voicemail but this time he did. What could be so important that he has been calling me for days? I dialed my voicemail, put in the code, and listened to what he had to say. "Samantha, we need your help. I know your angry but it's Stefan. He's in trouble and we thought that maybe our little sister could come help save him. Answer you phone." I heard the annoyed voice as I hung up. Stefan? Did he turn into the ripper again and can't handle his blood lust? Or maybe he ate a bunny with rabies and now he had it? I laughed at the last one. 

I get home, packed a bag for about a week, got in my truck and drove toward Mystic Falls. I didn't call anyone or let anyone know that I was coming that way. I hated these people. I couldn't let my brother die though. No matter how mad I am at him. I thought about when we were human and everything was just so screwed up. I don't understand why everything changed. I feel like someone has taken a sledge hammer and shattered my heart but I don't understand why. I never had feelings for anyone or cared for anyone other than my brother. This was a difficult feeling everyday, to not feel whole. 

It had been about two days before I finally reached the boarding house. I saw Damon's car in the drive and I think Stefan is home. I get my bag out and walk to the door. Had they changed owners again? I walked through the door, not making a sound. Guess not. I walked to the living room. I stood there seeing Damon pour a shot of bourbon when I scared him. "Must be a big problem, since your day drinking and all." He looked to me as if I were a ghost. He smiled and said "You came?" He was surprised but he still asked. I guess he thought I wasn't going to come help my brother. I nodded. "You said Stefan was in trouble." I stated flatly looking away from him. Damon nodded and said "It's good to have you back, Sam." I put my hand up as he came in for a hug. "I'm not staying, I'm just here to help Stefan then I'm gone again." Damon got a little angry. "Okay." He said. I knew I hurt his feelings but I didn't care. 

I sat on the couch and asked "What's the problem?" I think I already know what the problem is but I needed him to verify it. "He's went off the rails again. Him and Elena broke it off about a year ago and ever since then we can't seem to get him to get a handle on the blood lust." Yeah, I knew that was going to happen. I lifted my eyebrows at Damon. "Is she with you now?" I needed to know the facts. Damon dropped his head and said "Kinda." I was confused. How are you kinda with someone? "She is sired to me." SIRED?! I laughed. I couldn't help it. I finally stopped and looked at Damon. "Where is Stefan now?" He shrugged his shoulders and said "I think with Klaus." The name sounded familiar. I asked "Who?" Damon had a sympathetic look on his face. He knew something and wasn't telling me. "Klaus." He said again. I didn't know who that was but I guess I was going to find out.