Been Here All Along

ALEX'S POV

I woke up to my phone ringing out Bruno mars. I looked at the caller Id and saw a restricted number show up. I answered "Hello." Then I heard her voice "Alex. It's Sam. I need you to get everyone to the Grill but don't tell them that I want you to do it." I was aggravated to be woke up and said "And how am I supposed to that? This is the most stubborn group I have ever met." Then I heard a guys voice. "Go to the grill and ask for Matt Donovan's help. Tell him Tyler sent you and you have to keep this a secret." Then I heard Sam's voice again." I need it done in the next hour. And tell Caroline to come to the grill, I need her help." I got really confused. "You are at the grill?" I sat straight up as I said this. I heard Sam say "Shh. Do you know you are in a house full of vampires? Yes. I'm at the grill. But no one knows I'm here and Matt hasn't got here. I need you to go to his house and bring him here. NICELY." I smiled as I remembered the last time Sam told me to go get someone. The guy ended up dead before he got to her. I wasn't a very nice person when I'm aggravated.

"Okay." I got up and started to get dressed. I got a confidence boost from my memories and smiled the whole time. I said "I'll talk to you when I have him. Do I need to call your number or Tyler's?" Tyler spoke and said "Mine." I then hung up the phone for dramatics. I got on my boots and pants. I walked towards the door grabbing my keys and wallet. I went out the door and got in my car and drove towards the lockwood mansion. While driving playing and singing to three days grace on the radio. I finally get there and walk up to the door, leaving the motor running. I knock on the door. I might as well be polite since I can't enter until I'm invited. But I do wish he would hurry to the door because I wanted so badly to see Sam. She has been gone for months. The door finally opens and I see a blonde teenager. "Hey Alex." He said in his blue jeans. I didn't know this is who they were speaking of. "Hey Matt. Your last name wouldn't happen to be Donovan?" He smiled and said "Yeah." I got nervous and said "UM, I was supposed to ask for you to help me with something but I was supposed to tell you that Tyler sent me." Matt smiled and said "What you need?" I smiled. There wasn't a reason to be nervous as I said "I need help getting all the Originals and the Salvatores to the grill." Matt smiled and said "Sam's gotta be back." I grinned. I nodded my head and said "What gave it away?" He stepped back and said "Come in a second." I hesitated by the threshold and entered his home.

He walked to the couch and said "Hey Jer. You wanna take the Originals or the Salvatores?" I stood stunned. This has happened before. I could tell. A brunette boy sat up on the couch and said " You text the Originals, you can get Rebekah to listen to you and if one come they all come. I got Damon and Stefan. What's the story?" Matt looked at me and asked "How quick does she need them there?" I stood there reliesing that this was ironic. I said "an hour." Jeremy said "It will have to be an emergency. So how about emeregency at the grill?" I smile and say "Works for me." They pick up there phone and start texting. I say "I'm going to the grill." I step outside and they were behind me. "What are you doing?" I ask. They respond while getting into Matt's truck. "Going to the grill. Sam's singing. And there is alcohol" and Matt said "And I have to work." I took my phone out as I walked to my car. Touching Caroline's picture. I put the phone to my ear as I heard "Good morning Alex." I smiled and stood still by my door. "Ah it is a good morning, love." I opened the door and said "Sam will require your assistance at the grill. She is there now." Caroline spoke. "She's back!" I heard giggling. She was excited. "Yes, she is." Caroline spoke and said "I'm on my way." Then I heard a click. I got in my car and drove to the grill.

I reached my destination and got out my chevy Camaro. I walked into the grill and spotted Sam right away. I walked up to her and hugged her neck. I spoke and said "I've seen you have done this before." As Matt walked by. She smiled and said "I love theatrics. And most of them know how I am. They know this is the only way I can relay my feelings." I saw a woman behind her that looked a lot like her. She smiled to me as Sam stepped back and said "This is my mother. Mom this is Alex." I hold out my hand and stand stunned for a moment. I say "Nice to meet you." I couldn't help but see that they are exactly alike. Not twins alike but you could definitely tell that they were related. She shook my hand and I turned to Sam. "So, Why-" I was interrupted when Caroline ran up to Sam and threw her arms around her. "I can't believe your back, you've missed so much." Sam smiled and looked to me as she was hugging Caroline. I understood as I walked to the bar and sat beside Jeremy.