Empty

SAM'S POV

We took Alex, my so called, boyfriend to the boarding house. Damon wanted to know more but I told him I wasn't speaking about this in public. He decided we take him back to the boarding house so I can tell him the whole story and he can get both sides. We sat in the living room. I stood at the table and made me a strong drink. I put the glass to my lips as Damon said "Spill." I looked to him and then to the fire place. Alex sat on the couch, he so politely plopped in shortly after arriving.

Damon stood behind me as I said "I didn't remember anything. I didn't know that I was a mother or a fiance." I turned to see Damon's face and caught a glimpse of Alex's too. Damon spoke "How did he know to find you here?" Alex stood and said "Cell phone records." Both Damon and I turned with a surprised confused look on our faces. "You tracked her?" Damon spat out. I looked at Damon a little confused. "I missed her. I've never felt like this about anyone." Damon looked to me then to him again. I had spent alot of time with Alex during my stay in San Francisco. I could kind of connect with him. I told him alot of what I was feeling and we started dating. Then Damon called and I left without saying a word to anyone, including Alex. Alex spoke up slowly inching towards me and Damon. "Sam, you don't understand. You are the only person that gets me and I, I , I, I love you, Samantha." He came to me and kissed me. I had never seen this side of him. The caring, loving side. We were just a matter of convience for each other, or so I thought. 

The kiss lasted for a few seconds before I pushed him away. I heard an accent that I would have loved to hear any other time but not now, "So I see you know how to make friends." I looked up saw Klaus and he sped away and out the door. I sped after him, when we reached the middle of the woods. "I made a dramatic exit. Why did you follow me? Dramatic exits don't work that way." I walked to him with his back turned to me. I put a hand on his shoulder. "I didn't know. I'm sorry. I didn't know about you. I didn't know about any of this but I can tell you what I felt." Klaus scoffed. "I don't want to know what you felt for him." I shook my head and said "No, Nik. I didn't feel anything for him. He was a friend. When I was away from you, I felt a hole in my heart that I couldn't feel." I dropped my head as tears came out. I had never told anyone this. I continued "I felt as if there was nothing for me to live for. I had nothing to live for. Then I decided to come help my brother and I see you and I feel a pang in my chest. I didn't know what that meant. When I finally remembered, I felt like you gave me my life back. I loved you all those years ago and I will always love you, Niklaus." He looked at me and then to his feet. 

I stood in front of him, put my hand on his cheek, and said "You and our daughter are my world now. I will never do anything to loose that." He bent down so he was next to my ear. He said "I will never hurt you, Samantha, I just want the same respect." He put his arms around my waist and said "I love you."