Letters

STEFAN'S POV

It's been a couple of days since Sam left. I guess she  is far enough away to give Damon his letter. I walked into the living room and stopped when I saw Damon fixing his drink. "Heard from Sam?" He asked and I held up her letter to him. "She asked me to give you this." I walked up and laid it on the table next to him. I walked up the stairs giving him some privacy for his letter. I wanted some privacy when read mine. I don't want to read it because it was probably a good bye letter and I refuse to say goodbye. I heard a door slam and I turn and go back downstairs. I see Klaus in the living room as says "What does she mean, ripper?" I look at him confused "What do you mean?" He holds up a piece of paper, I see Sam's writing on it.  I take it from her slowly, fixated on the piece of paper. I held it down with both hands and read:

Dear Nik,

I know you and I are going to have a long road ahead, but I need to take this time to find someone I never got to have in my life. I need you to be there for Stefan and Hope. You always asked how I always kept you out of trouble. It's because I love you so much and want you around for a long time that I always thought of you before anyone or anything else. Trust Stefan he will know what to do. If you come off the road that I know your on then ask Stefan for help. This is one of the hardest letter I have to write because I do love you so much but with all that love comes responsiblity. Always keeps Hope's best interest at heart, always listen to her, and let her make her own choices through life because if you don't she will be another broken person in this broken world. I know you will do the best you can and remember I will make it back to you.

Love always,
Samantha 

I stared at the page. I see the words on the page giving me the responsibility to fix Klaus. Sam and I were close but her and Damon was the closet. And her and Elijah or her and Kol or even her and Rebekah was closer than her and I. I told Klaus "Give me a second. I'll be right back." I run to my room and get the letter, I held it for a minute then tore it open. I unfolded the letter and read:

Dear Stefan,

By know you have already read someone else's letter, my bets on Damon, if I'm right on want 5 bucks. Which means I give you the most responsibility of keeping all the crazy kids in line. It's easy Stefan. You're my brother, intellectually you know me the best. You know what I'm capable of and you know if I am not capable of it, when it comes to the ones I care about, I'll try anyway. Something is coming. It's going to be nasty and I need you to make sure everyone gets through it so I can come back home. Before it comes, I need to go learn something before I beat it. Klaus will be the hardest to let you help him, if I know him he probably threw a fit when he read his letter cause I said to ask you for advice. He's a loner, Stef. He thinks everyone is against him but show him that you will help him when it comes to Hope then he is a big mushy teddy bear, don't tell him I said that. Stefan don't shut out Damon, he will surprise you. Sometimes you need to let him follow his instincts and he will show you why you two are my brothers. I love you Stefan, keep safe.

Your sister,
Samantha

Wow. She really needs to work on her letter skills I thought. There is something coming and I'm going to have to know what to do. Damon came in my room. "So what does yours say, brother."