Butterfly fly away

HOPE'S POV

"I don't want to read it Uncle Elijah." I said. I was sitting on my bed and my letter was on my desk. My mother had left me again but I knew she was coming back. I, also, knew that all she wrote in that letter is goodbye and I refuse to say goodbye to my mother. Uncle Elijah was standing by my desk as he said "Your mother and I spent quite a long time together, Hope. You might want a part of her with you." I already had a part of her with me. I had Daddy and he was the only other person she ever cared about. My mother was alot of things including broken, but I am going to fix her as well as my daddy. Uncle Elijah left. I thought about it and thought 'she told everyone else she was coming back, maybe she was telling me the same thing.'

I walked over to my desk and picked up the letter and hesitated then ripped the envolope open. I unfolded five pieces of paper. One was a letter. the other was a song and then there was blank music pages. I looked at the letter first. I read:

Dear Hope,

This isn't goodbye. I need you to understand that I love you and everything I'm doing is for you. But with this I need you to do something for me and I wrote you a list.

1. Trust yourself and your family. This family is big and Dysfunctional. You have your Uncles: Kol, Elijah, Damon, Stefan, Matt, Tyler, and Jeremy. This family is weird and we get on each others nerves and bad things happen but they will always love you.

2. Let you Uncle Damon teach you things. I will let you know now that your Uncle isn't crazy. None of them are and there are traits you can learn from each of them. You can learn patience from Elijah and Intellegence from Kol. You can learn selflessness from Stefan and impulsiveness from Damon. But the one thing you can learn from all of them is the love they share. They don't always show it and most of the time they won't but you are the part that keeps this family together.

3. I gave you blank music sheets for you to write your own song. Hope you are such an amazing young woman and you need something to get your mind off things. Kol will always help if you need and I can't wait to hear it when I get back.

4. The song I gave to you is one your Uncles Damon and Stefan used to sing to me growing up and I taught it to your Aunt and uncles and even your Daddy. It has gotten me through some hard times and I know it will you too.

5. I love you. I have loved you since the moment I laid eyes on you since you were 5 minutes old. I loved you then and I love you now. Never Forget that.

Your Mommy,

Samantha

I took out the song and started to strum. and sing.

Caterpillar in the tree

How you wonder who you'll be

Can't go far but you can always dream

Wish you may and wish you might

Don't you worry, hold on tight

I promise you that there will come a day

Butterfly fly away

Butterfly fly away, butterfly fly away

Got your wings now, you can't stay

Take those dreams and make them all come true

Butterfly fly away, butterfly fly away

You've been waiting for this day

All along and known just what to do

Butterfly, butterfly, butterfly, butterfly fly away

Butterfly fly away,

Butterfly fly away!

I heard someone say something behind me "Butterfly fly away" I turned and saw Uncle Kol in the door. I smiled to him and I asked "You know it?" He nodded and said "Your mother taught it to me."