Helping an Assassin

Start from the beginning

(Y/N): See? Strengths and Weaknesses are out now.

Tock growled a bit before walking back to her food bowl and threw it at you, covering your face in food. While some of the guys did laugh, you whipped the food from your face and smiled a bit.

The following morning, you guys had set out again. It was the same old same old. You guys walked for hours. Stopped by a town, got food, ate, someone got drunk and move onto the next town. And once again, you guys started to camp out once night hit. Dinner was not as eventful as last night since you let Tock eat by herself this time. But you did want some training in for the night. So, once everyone was asleep, you got up and grabbed your sword and walked over to a clearing and began to practice.

You went for some basic swings and a few combo moves but nothing really significant. The reasoning for this was due to you using your natural speed over need for fancy combos. Didn't need so much skill if you could out maneuver your enemies. You kept hacking and slashing until you heard a twig break near you. You turned towards the sound and saw Tock standing there with her own swords and eating an apple.

Tock: Your form sucks!

(Y/N): Good to know. Not that you or I really care about that. So...what is keeping you awake?

Tock: Yer shouting!

(Y/N): Didn't mean to destroy your beauty sleep.

Tock: Now don't get your panties in a twist, love.

(Y/N): Excuse me?

Tock: You need to work on your combination attacks if you want to take down big targets.

(Y/N): I have my speed for-

Tock: We're going up against one of the most powerful huntresses in the world.

(Y/N): Fine.

Tock: Good. So let's begin.

Tock walked over to the other side of the field and drew her sword. She waved you towards her and you rolled your eyes and ran over towards her. You weren't going max and she clearly knew that too. You swung at her, one clash. Again and again and again.

Tock: That's good! But you should be doing more than your swords!

You slammed your blade downward and launched some dust and rock into the air. Tock leapt backwards a bit so you quickly took her advice. You sheathed your sword and kicked some of the rocks towards Tock. You then saw a green aura flash and the rocks do barely any damage onto her. You cocked an eyebrow at the sight before you.

Tock: Semblance, love. What's yours?

(Y/N): Never unlocked it. Never needed it.

Tock: Really? Well, aren't you an interesting one?

(Y/N): Say whatever you want, Girly Girl, just shut up and fight.

Tock smirked again and charged towards you. You spun around used the sheath on your back to deflect the hit from Tock. Tock landed along the ground and flipped forward and attempted to stab you with her swords. You twisted your body to avoid the swords then kicked Tock in the chin. She landed again and spun around and swung towards you. You backstepped to avoid the attack but Tock launched herself forward and bit down on your sword.

You swung the blade towards the ground and she let go of it and rolled away from the attack. You rolled over the hilt of your blade and kicked Tock in the face again but she rolled again and backflipped over you. She attempted to slash you again but you grabbed your sword and gave it a large swing and forced Tock back and into another tree. Tock then charge forward and you slammed your sword onto her shoulder. But Tock barely feels it and she wraps her arms around you and threw you into a rock.

The little stopwatch on Tock's hip stops and she takes a deep breath. You raise another eyebrow and give her a questioning look.

Tock: Invulnerability, love. Can't feel anything once active.

(Y/N): Useful. But a bit of a crutch don't you think?

Tock: I think it allows me to get the job done. So that way my masters don't go ahead and take my head.

(Y/N): Well, it's nice to know someone else wants that head all to themselves.

Tock: Has anyone ever told you you're an ass?

(Y/N): Well, aren't you the nicest most ugliest thing anyone has ever seen.

Tock looked like she wanted to stab you right there. You meanwhile just smirked and shrugged. She walked over to you and held her sword right up to your neck. You didn't even flinch.

Tock: I hope I get to kill yee one day?

(Y/N): And I hope you do. That's not a joke, I just actually want to die.

She slapped you across the face and walked back to the main camp. You just chuckled to yourself and walked back to the camp with her.

(Y/N): I like this job.

Another day had begun and everyone set out towards the destination. Finally, at late night, you and the gang arrived at the intended destination.

(Y/N): Some random house in South Vale.

Tock: Not just any house. The Reaper's house. (Turns to you) Lead Maxwell and Gregor to the far side. Don't get caught.

(Y/N): Wasn't planning on it.

The two get up and leave, yet you stay there.

(Y/N): Hey! Tock!

She turns back to you.

(Y/N): Stay safe...ok?

Tock: Same to you. Or I will kill you!

You smirked and moved down towards the intended area. Tock, meanwhile, turned back and slightly smiled to herself. This was one hell of a mission indeed.