Chapter 3

"My self worth is not determined by others."

"Who the hell is she Totomaru?" Is the first thing I hear as I step into the guild hall.

"Don't worry about it. It's the masters busniess not yours so shut the hell up." He says simply, and I follow him throuhg the hall ignoring the stares and into the office located above everyone else. He knocks on the door and I hear a brief grunt and we enter.

"Totomaru, I assume you have a reason for gracing me with your uninvited presence." The master says annoyance clear in his tone. I stare at him with his tall hat and purple cloak. Not to mention he has wings, but I cannot determine if they are real or fake. Regardless he looks dangerous.

"I have brought you a potential new member master. She seems to have something in common with the rest of us. The way she spoke reminded me of you, and she seemed as though she had nowhere to go." Totomaru says simply, glancing at me with the last remark.

"I see. Leave us Totomaru, I wish to speak with her alone." He sighs and nods at me but leaves without another word said. "So little lady, you are interested in joining a basically disbanded guild? Now why would that be?" He says almost mockingly making me glare.

"I hear you have a..distaste in a certain group of fairies, I believe we share a common motive then. I'd like to see FairyTail fall, my sister with it, along with my bastard of a father." I say simply making him look surpised.

"Well, you seem to be very hateful towards them, as am I. But I would like to hear your reasoning if you don't mind, and if you a comfortable I'd like to hear about your father. Since you are interested in my guild this is important information to me." I nod and sigh.

"I have a twin sister, she was gifted with the power of the heavens, I was gifted with the powers of hell, like my mother and her brother. Due to that my father condemed me to my bedroom, rarely letting me wonder the halls of our home. One night my dear sister escaped, causing my father to pin the blame on me. Blame my satanic magic as the cause. When in reality she abondoned her only sister to join with those bastards. She didn't even attempt to care, she just left. Leaving me alone, until I left the next day Which when I left my father put a very large bounty on my head, hoping to see me dead." I say simply growing angry making my body temperature increase.

"I must say child, I am quite.. surprised by this story. Not very often are both twins born with magical abilities, especially twice in the same family. But your magic.." He says standing up and walking towards me. "It is not satanic, it is not a curse, it is a gift." I stare at him in awe as he tells me that. "You have what only one other person has mastered, but you have learned it all on your own. Hold your head high, be proud. If you could please show me your power." I smile sligtly.

"Please step back, I do not want to harm you." He holds his hands up and backs away. I sigh and let the flames take over, I feel the familiar warmth incasing my body. I look up at the master to see him staring in awe. He walks closer making me step back in fear.

"Child, you will not hurt me. I have no fear." I stare at him in shock as he walks closer. He touches my arm.. but it does not burn him. I stare in awe. "Your flames accept me, like any fire magic it causes harm to only those deemed as enemies. You think of me as a friend." I smile and nod my head dismissing my flames. "You have a gift, it would be an honor to have you here." 

"I hope I can be of use to your Master." I say smiling, I don't think I've smiled this much all my life. He pulls out a pad and a stamp.

"But, before we stamp you in, I would like to discuss your father." He says angerily. I sigh and nod.

"He believes me a disgrace to my family name, a name that I no longer wish to remember. Due to my disobedience he wants me dead. All in all, I have done nothing but sit in my room my whole life, I went to a funeral for a mother I barely knew, I was disrespected by a father who has only called me a demon my whole life.. and now I have a bounty on my head from the man who was supposed to protect me and love me." I say looking at the ground. Master comes and puts a hand on my shoulder and sighs.

"You are safe here my child. No harm will come to you from that bastard. Now, onto the important question where would you like your stamp, and what color. Any you can think of." My answer is immediate.

"Black, in the middle of my chest. I am proud to have this insigna. I will wear it with pride for you have shown me more kindness in this one conversation then my father has shown me my entire life." I say making him smile and place the stamp.

"Welcome to Phantom Lord, now we shall introduce you to the others. Your name dear?"

"Jade. Just Jade." I say refusing to say that god forbidden  last name.

"Shall we?" I nod my head. "Also we shall get you some more appropriate attire that is better with your flames." I look down at my singed clothing and chuckle.

"Yes master."

"Call me Jose dear." I nod my head.

"Okay.. Jose." We walk out onto the balcony and I hold my head high, a cold look on my face.

"Members of Phantom Lord!" Jose yells loudly making everyone turn their attention to the master. "We have a new member among our ranks, I would like to introduce Jade Hecate, wielder of hells flames! She will assist us in the downfall of those fairies. Treat her like family." He says staring at the guild making them cheer and raise their drinks.

I found my home.

What does everyone think so far?