And the tears stream down my face...

"The winner is..."

As soon as Joshua announced the winner I felt pain in my stomach. I felt... pain. Nicole hugged me and screamed in my ear. She was really happy for me, or she was a great actress. The band jumped up and down and lifted me in the air. Everyone was happy for me. Why wasnt I happy? Jake pushed himself through the crowd and took my hand.

"Yo, guys! She still needs to breathe! C'mon lets go to your room."

I smiled at him and we walked to my new room. I threw myself on the bed.

"Whoa. What just happened in there?"

"You know, she was ahead of you. For one stupid vote. It took me like forever to convince Joshou that the band can vote too. So basically, you won because of me."

He smiled and I sat up. I hugged him and said thanks.

"So now you owe me one right?"

"I guess so."

He moved closer to me. And closer, and closer.

"Jake, what are you doing?"

"Getting my award."

There was only an inch between us. I wanted to move back. But I couldn't. Why couldn't I? He leaned forward and I could smell his perfume. I never smelled anything like it before. It was a mixture of vanilla and cherry. He looked at me with his dark brown eyes, which he closed a second before his lips touched mine. I was shocked. I wanted to push away, but I didn't. Now I know that I should. I heard a silent gasp coming from the door. I opened my eyes and saw Niall, standing in my room, watching me, not pulling away. The only thing I could think of saying was a total cliche.

"Niall, its not what it looks like!"

"Oh really? Cause it looks like you're cheating on your boyfriend!"

"I can explain! He kissed me!"

"You know Leah, you need two people for a kiss. Not just one."

He turned around and started walking.

"Niall wait!"

I wanted to get up, but Jake took my hand and I fell in his arms.

"Forget it Leah. He's not worth it."

"Are you even hearing yourself? Forget it! You can take your vote back! I don't care about the competition anymore! Nicole can have the part!"

I pushed my body away from his, but he just wouldn't let go.

"Its over Leah! He'll never trust you again because of what you did."

"I didn't do anything! You know that!"

I slaped him and started running downstairs. I looked all over for Niall but I couldnt find him. I ran outside. It was pouring. I saw him getting in a car.

"Niall! Wait!"

He looked at me with a sad look, like a little wet puppy. He sat in the car and closed the door. I started running towards the car. I was soaked when I reached the car, but Niall didn't wait for me. As I wanted to open the door he drove off. I ruined everything. I ruined a long lasting realtionship. And for what? Nothing. I stood there in the rain, watching him drive away. I felt my heart, break into a million pieces. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Its gonna work out honey. I just know it will."

"Thanks El. But I dont think it will be this time."

 She took my hand and we walked back to the house. I went to the bathroom and changed my clothes. I walked back in my room to find Jake still sitting on my bed.

"Can't you take a hint? GET OUT!"

"So you two broke up?"

"Its none of your buisness."

"I'll take that as a yes."

I picked up a purse that was laying on the floor and threw it at him. He cought it. Shit! He stood up and walked over to me.

"If you need help getting over the breakup, I'm here."

He kissed the corner of my lip and the butterflies were all over my stomach. Could I like him? Is it even possible? I pushed him away and looked throuh the door. He got the hint and left the room. Only a second later Elena and Mary Ann came in my room, one holding Ben&Jerry's and the other 5 movies. I smiled and hugged them. I fell asleep during the first movie. I didn't even open the ice-cream. I dreamt about Niall and then all of a sudden, Jake. I woke up screaming and scared the crap out of the girls. They asked me whats wrong, so I told them everything. And in that moment I decided to leave the competition. If Niall and I aren't together anymore, there's no point in singing with him. The girls said they're gonna sleep over in my room, just in case.

*~*~*~*~*Next day*~*~*~*~*

 I woke up with Elena on one side on the bed, and Mary on the other.  I slowly stood up and walked to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, combed my hair... When I was finished, the girls were still sleeping. I checked my phone and realised it was 7am. I went downstairs to get a bite to eat. On the table, in the dining room, I saw a small box with a piece of paper stuck to it. I read the message.

"Leah,

I know I didn't really give you a chance to explain yesterday but you understand how I felt right? I spent the whole evening driving around, thinking. And I decided to end the competition. Lets face it, I'll never be happy if I wont be singing with you. I already told Joshua that you're the winner and i want you to meet me at the studio as soon as you read this. I also bought you something.I thought it would fit with your necklasse. We'll talk about everything when you get to the studio.

See you soon, Nialler xx "

I opened the box and saw a gorgeous bracelet. It was a small silver bracelet with something written on the back.

"Amor vincit omnia" I whispered to myself as I smiled.

I took an apple and ran upstairs. I started packing, trying not to wake the girls up. I dressed in some skinny jeans and a sparkly top that machd the new bracelet. The cab was already waiting for me outside. I jumped in and drove for 15 minutes. When I got to the studio, I saw Niall singing a song I never hears before. It was beautiful. I sat on a chair, waiting for him to finish, listening, enjoying. He stopped singing and looked at me. I smiled and waved and he waved back. He told the guy behind the computer that hes gonna take a break. He came outside the booth and hugged me.

"Don't even bother explaining, I forgive you andI missed you and I love you!"

I smiled and hugged him back and he gave me a peck.

"What was the song you were singing?"

"Its the duet. What do you think?"

"I think a duet is meant to be sang with two people!"

He laughed and took my hand. He dragged me into the booth and the guy behind the computer played the song.

"Here are the lyrics."

Niall gave me a sheet of paper and I quickly read it. It was beautiful. 

"Can't wait to hold you in my arms,

  and see your sparkly eyes,

  Cant wait to..."

Niall sang the first verse and then I sang the second one. The third one was meant to be sang by both of us, but I ruined it when I started crying.

"Leah whats wrong?"

"Its just... SO BEAUTIFUL!"

He laughed and hugged me and in that moment, I knew I love him more than I ever loved anyone.

 **********************************

I'm not gaining any readers!!! :'(

Anyways I'm sorry I didn't upload on sunday like I promised, school is killing me. I'm still gonna upload this sunday. Probably.

So please tell your friends about the fanfic or something okay? =) Okaay! Thaaanks =)xx