Dammit Reaper

Whiskey Echo

I rev my throttle, pushing my bike inches forward just barely passing reaper. "Slow bitches get caught." I yell at him. He rolls his eyes as the sirens get louder. We were pushing 90. I don't know how those pigs were still on our heels. "Dammit reaper how do we always get in these situations?" I ask him as the static from our mics in our helmets cuts in.
He chuckles. "Hit 100 and then swing off into Virginia. I'm sure it's not in their jurisdiction." He says to me then shoots past, his cut fluttering behind him. I look behind me as I hear the ping of a bullet. "They're shooting!" I yell as I slow down to slide into the curve into Virginia. They fire off a few more rounds and my shoulder starts to sting. The cops stop at the state line and we drive on.
      After about 10 minutes of driving we pull up to an old motel. Reaper gets us a room for the night and I call in to the club. "We're not going to be back until tomorrow, had a run in with some cops. Make sure the place doesn't burn down Joker." I say with a laugh.
      I just hope I won't come back to my room all fucked up cause someone got laid while drunk or all my whiskey gone. "Yup yup got it Whiskey. Call me tomorrow when you guys are heading back. Have fun. Also Ace ordered strippers." He says. "Wait wh-." He hangs up.
      I roll my eyes and walk inside. Reaper hands me a key to the room and we go to find it. I unlock the door and step inside. The room was pretty clean aside from a few cigarette-burn stains on the wall. "Ah shit I forgot our duffles." Reaper says and runs back out to the motorcycles to grab them.
      I throw my cut on a chair and lay on the bed. He comes back a moment later with two small duffles full of clothes for both of us, a burner phone, some cash, and a med kit. "You're bleeding." Reaper says and lifts up my sleeve. I guess a cop hit me earlier.
       I didn't even notice I guess it was the adrenaline. I yawn and he grabs the med kit. "Fuck, it got stuck." He mutters something else and pours some alcohol on the wound. I jump and yell, "son of a bitch!"
         He covers my mouth. "Quit screaming now, that's for later." I laugh through the pain.
       "You can't go 5 minutes without turning something dirty."
         He smirks then without warning takes some tweezers and stabs them into my wound. "God damn it man! Be gentle!" He holds me steady with his hand and let's out a string of quiet threats and snarky comments. He pulls out a bullet head and dowses the wound again.
          When he finishes cleaning and dressing the wound I slap him and throw away the blood-soaked shirt. "Give me one of yours." I tell him and he hands me one of his T-shirts from the duffle.
         I throw on his shirt and he takes off his puts his cut on over his naked torso. I slip on the huge shirt and tuck it into my jeans then throw on my cut.
          "Can we get something to eat? I'm starving." I say as I look through his duffle for my ball cap. No dice. "Yea you wanna ride with me?" He asks and I nod.
        We lock the door and head out to his bike. He straddles the bike and starts it. I get on and wrap my arms around his waist to keep from falling instead of his luggage rack like I usually do. He revs the bike and spins out of the quiet parking lot.
I lay my head against his back and watch the buildings and cars fly by. After a few minutes he pulls into a Budget Diner parking lot. I get off and he cuts off the engine and puts down the kickstand.
Reaper puts his hands on the small of my back and lightly guides me towards the door. "I don't need your assistance walking Reaper. The bullet hit my shoulder not my leg." I mutter. We walk in and sit down at a table. I notice a few stares in our direction but ignore them. He sits across from me and I look at the menu.
The waitress comes over, and asks for our orders, cautiously looking at Reaper. "I'll take a coffee." I tell her. "Make that two." Reaper says and she scribbles it on her notebook then walks back into the kitchen.
"Ugh I'm tired." I mutter and rub my eyes. "Getting shot does that." Reaper says chuckling. "I will strangle you in your sleep if you keep laughing." I tell him smiling. He rolls his eyes. "You wouldn't do that. You love me."
The woman brings us our coffee and I order a waffle with bacon and eggs. Reaper orders some breakfast thing. I drink my coffee quickly enjoying the burning sensation down my throat. She soon brings us our food and we continue chatting over stupid shit while eating.
"Do you want to go get bottle of Fireball when we get back? You can grab a shower and we can get drunk and party tonight." I nod and we pay then leave.
We ride back to the motel and Reaper drops me off then heads back to get a couple bottles of fireball. I take a shower then grab one of reapers T-shirts and put on underwear.
I turn on the tv and lay on the bed. After about 15 minutes of some old sit-com, he gets back with 2 bottles of fireball and sets the bottles on a table near the tv.
He lays next to me on the bed and plays with my hair, not paying any attention to the tv. "Thanks for patching me up today." I murmur. "Yeah anytime Whiskey. I'm gonna go take a shower and we can start drinking.
I grab the bottles and fill up a couple cups with fireball. When he finally comes out in a towel to get his sweatpants and underwear I had already drank half a bottle by myself.
After only half an hour we had finished both bottles and we were dancing on the bed to some random song  playing on  MTV. I look up at Reaper. "You know you look really hot right now?" I tell him and giggle, wrapping my arms around his neck. He pushes me down in the bed and lays his head on my chest.
"I'm tired Shane." I mutter to him while playing with his jet-black hair. "Oh sorry we aren't supposed to call you Shane." I say. He pauses and looks at me "It's ok you can call me Shane. Just don't be saying it around other people." He gives a goofy smile. I had gotten used to only calling him Reaper, usually he got upset if any of us called him anything besides pres or his nickname.
We sit on the bed, talking for hours about all the shit we've been through together, relishing in the slight buzz from the alcohol. Neither of us were drunk but we felt like kids again with each other and no responsibilities for just a few hours.
          I started humming, my eyes growing heavy with sleep. Shane's stubble scratched at my partially exposed chest from the dipping neckline of the shirt and his breathing fell into a quiet rhythm. This is perfect. This is happiness I though. No club, no one else, just this gorgeous man laying in bed with me, reminiscing over old memories. Sleepiness creeps in and I succumb to the darkness.