Fury of the Ice, and the Wisdom of Frost

Start from the beginning

"Oh no, oh no, conceal don't feel, conceal don't feel." Elsa backed off and muttered this chant to herself. It was a chant Jack was familiar with, having been with Elsa for two days. Every time he almost made a breakthrough, she chanted that cursed mantra and ruined all of his work.

A plan quickly formed in his head and it was time for Jack to put his plan into action. It would take tact, acting, and most of all charm.

"Shuuuut uuuup!" Jack shouted, "I'm sick of hearing that foresaken chant of yours, conceal don't feel don't let it show. I forbid it! Grow up, that's the first thing I'm talking seriously!" Jack blew a gust of wind under Elsa and swept her feet out from under her causing her to fall on her face into the powdered snow.

"If you want to understand how to use you powers, then you must understand the many emotions of the winter itself." Jack reached down and stole a glove off of one of her hands. "First lesson: Fury."

"No, no!" Elsa said reaching for her glove. It was one of the last presents from her parents.

Jack swung his staff like a golf club, and in sync with his swing the wind was summoned, and launched Elsa outside into the storm.

Elsa landed several yards outside the cave, the blizzard was so thick she couldn't even tell where it was.

"Come on Elsa."

The storm was calm in a sphere around both Jack and Elsa, brought on by Jacks powers so that the Elsa could see Jack put the glove in his hoodie pocket.

"You want it back? Show me your fury, use it, command your powers don't let them command you!" Jack provoked.

"Fine, you want to see fury, I'll show you fury!" Elsa rose to her feet and shot a blast of ice at Jack, but Jack was quicker and dodged it.

The storm continued around Elsa and she saw the silhouette of Jack flying around, taunting her. Blast after blast Elsa missed, Elsa screamed and her powers flowed, she aimed and her powers fired. She couldn't see what they were doing to the landscape, all she cared about was getting her glove back.

This lasted for hours, she was blinded by anger and used her powers without restraint.

Jack only had to prod her for a few minutes, he was used to seeing through storms and watched Elsa. Part of him was a little scared, but a bigger part was excited he had made such a breakthrough. From a mountain top he waited her out as she continued to blast the snow around her.

She was a ferocious beast, he would remember not to make her angry again, especially if there was no cover to hide behind. Luckily he had speed on his side, but she definitely had raw power and potential. Nature's storm had ended, it was Elsa now who was prolonging the blizzard. So Jack waited and pondered on the girl who was the only one who could see him, and what that might mean. She still hadn't told him where she was from or how she knew about him.

Soon enough the storm subsided revealing Elsa in the midst of towers of piercing ice obelisks. She was on her knees on a fresh patch of ice.

Elsa was crying, she was exhausted and panicking. Jack was gone, she either got him and killed him or scared him off. She knew it she shouldn't have used her powers, she knew it was a bad idea and now the only person that could help her was angry at her and either dead or gone. She hurt him like she hurt Anna, maybe even worse.

Elsa pounded at the ground with her fist, frost gathered around where she hit. 'I shouldn't have yelled at him,' she thought. 'I should have just used my powers before when he told me to, but I didn't and now he's gone. And I'm alone, again.'

She was startled by her glove dropping in front of her, she looked up at a pair of bare feet landing on the ice a little farther off.

Jack wasn't sure how close to get to her for fear she might try to hit him with another shot.

"Lesson two: Peace." Jack said. Waiting to see if she would try to strike again.

'So he didn't leave...' Elsa looked up to see the terrible ice monstrosities caused by her powers. All around her was the damage she had caused, but Jack didn't seem to mind as he approached them. He didn't stop for a second as he tapped each icicle with the end of his staff. Her jaw dropped as she saw them transform. Everything he touched became something new.

"Magic responds to the emotions of the wielder, simply stifling emotions does not make the magic go away, it stores it." As he talked he walked around the precarious icicles protruding dangerously from the ground in ever direction. Tap, one became a tree, tap, another became a bush, tap, one turned into a deer. Tap, tap, tap, birds, bunnies, trees, foxes all made of the ice from her icicles. "It stores it until it leaks and then exploded. Not unlike a cup under a fountain, or a can of soda. We release that pent up energy, with a thought and it manifests like an emotion."

"If you are happy," Jack tapped another icicle and a dog wagging it's tail appeared, it ran around in circles chasing and playing with the other animals. "The magic is happy."

"If you are angry," Jack tapped one of the ice trees and it lost its form becoming jagged like the original icicles. "It cannot hold a shape and becomes frightening."

"If you are scared," Jack tapped the tree again and it grew a hideous face and grotesque claws. "It becomes scary."

"If you are at peace with the world," he tapped the tree one more time and it bust into hundreds of ice butterflies. Elsa starred at the beauty of all of them fluttering around her. They landed on the rest of the icicles and changed them into more beautiful trees and animals, until they were completely engulfed by a beautiful icy forest. "The world becomes at peace with you."

"Hold it in," Jack caught a butterfly on his finger. And it burst into snow that fell to the ground. "It explodes."

"But let it go," Jack twirled the air around with his fingers until a large snow flake appears, he then blew it in the direction of Elsa and it landed on the ground in front of her. From the ground where the snowflake landed a single blue snow rose grew until it blossomed in front of her.  "And something beautiful happens."

Elsa couldn't help but marvel at everything all around her.

Jack watched her face light up, he leaned against his staff and returned a more charming grin. "Making another person smile, now that's real power." He winked, "and I still have so much left to show you."

All Elsa could do was stare, she was to taken back by the beauty of the frozen forest and the enigmatic man who had made it. 'So this is The Jack Frost,' Elsa confirmed the thought in her head.

****

Thank again for reading, I had a lot of fun planning this scene and writing it I hope you enjoy it.

Please vote and comment let me know what you think.