Initiation (Chapter 5 Volume 1)

---------------

As you arrived on top of Beacon Cliff, you were greeted by Ozpin and Glynda, the two teachers standing before the edge. In front of them were some sort of pads that you assume will be related to how you'll start the initiation.

As Ozpin motions people to stand in a respective pad, he starts his speech.

Ozpin: For years, you have trained to become warriors. And today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest.

Y/N: The Emerald Forest, huh?

You knew about the Emerald Forest from Tony's adventures back when he was still a huntsman. During a mission, he was told to back up some Vale huntsmen in a dangerous mission. Turns out the backup was needed as there were lots of Grimm that needed to be cleared out. Luckily, no man or woman died during that mission.

Glynda: Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of teams. Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates, today.

Ruby whimpers, clearly not on board with this plan.

Y/N: Calm down Ruby. Me, Yang, Jaune, could be your potential teammates, you know?

Ruby: But... what if I don't get you guys?

Y/N: We'll get to that once it does happen.

Ruby: You're not helping...

Ozpin: These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So, it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well.

Ruby lets out another whimper.

Ozpin: That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for 4 years.

Ruby: (Exasperated) What!?

Y/N: Welp, that's abrupt.

You then look over towards the ginger-haired girl as she pokes the pink-streaked boy.

Ginger girl: See, I told you!

The boy scoffs in response and looks away.

Ozpin: After you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path, or you will die.

It was then Jaune's turn to let out a gulp out of nervousness, which surprised you seeing as how he was pretty confident back at the cafeteria.

Ozpin: You will be monitored and graded for the duration of your initiation. But our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one, and return to the top of the cliff.

He then continues on.

Ozpin: There will also be another piece for those who didn't gain a partner during this phase. For those who didn't get a partner, this will be your saving grace. We will regard those items, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?

Jaune raises his hand.

Jaune: Um, I have a questio-

However, Ozpin ignores it.

Ozpin: Good! Now, take your positions.

Everyone then gets into their battle stance, you included. Since you were at the furthest edge of the pad, you would be the last one to go. You used the time to clear your head for a quick second to calm your nerves.