A Dark Page (Chapter 16 Volume 3)

(The Next Day, Afternoon)

The doubles rounds were finally over, and currently, you and your unofficial team was sitting on the front row seats, as you all anticipate the start of the Finals Round.

Y/N: It's already the finals, huh? Time flies fast.

Heath: Sure does, just felt like yesterday when this whole tournament thing began!

Grace and Mirage didn't answer, as they were almost out cold on their seats. You couldn't blame them, Stage 2 just started today this morning and its rules were brutal. 2 fighters will go head to head to a best of 3. The first fight will start off normal, and there will be a 3-minute break. Once the break ends, the fighters instantly have to fight each other again. This could take up to 20 minutes, and its already taken a toll on Grace and Mirage.

And before long, Grace rolls her head and leans onto your shoulder. You eyeroll but leaned in into her warmth. Heath sees this and eyerolls.

Heath: Tch, lovers...

Y/N: I heard you.

Heath: I know.

Suddenly, the arena in the middle rises up, revealing a single representative of every team that made it to the finals. There was Yang, some new faces you didn't recognize, Penny, Sun, Mercury, and a troubled Pyrrha at the end of the line.

Y/N: She's still thinking about it, huh? 

You couldn't blame her, this was a big decision. To be the Fall Maiden and take on greater responsibility than just being a huntress, or risk letting the world burn since she's the only possible candidate. Meanwhile, you were also debating whether you should join Ozpin's brotherhood or not, to which you still haven't yet decided.

Y/N: Damn you Ozpin, why'd you have to go tell me this now...? Could've been way easier if it was months ago...

Port: Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for! The one-on-one finals!

Everyone in the stands claps for the representatives in the arena. Some of the fighters inside the arena wave, others kept it to themselves.

Port: Barty, why don't you explain the rules?

Oobleck: Ah, it's quite simple, Peter. Instead of a bracket system, each round of the finals will be randomly determined immediately before the match takes place!

Port: Much like any good hunt, there will be zero time to prepare!

Oobleck: Ah, yes, yes! Now, let's see who our first match will be!

The roulettes on screen above the arena starts spinning. After a moment of suspense, the roulettes reveal the first 2 fighters of the Finals Round.

Port: Yang Xiao Long and Mercury Black!

Ruby: (From above) Break a leg, sis!

Y/N: Bring it home, Yang! Let's go!

However, as you say that, you suddenly felt your spine chill. Something was off, you realized.

Y/N: That's weird... This normally never happens.

Thinking it was nothing, you sat back down, but still confused. Unbeknownst to you, Cinder, who was sitting behind you, walks out of the arena, a smirk on her face as she focuses to a chip on your neck.

Cinder: It's all going to plan...

Cinder walks up the stairs and exits the arena. Meanwhile, you were still busy watching the arena to see how things will unfold.