The Orphanage (Part 1) (Chapter 7 Volume 2)

Hey ya'll, Carter here. I want to start off this chapter by apologizing for the lack of chapters that I've been producing as of late. School has started to kick up a notch, and that my exams will be here in a month or so. My production will be cut for the time being, so expect lesser chapters in this month.

On another note, thanks for 8K readers! At this rate, we are going to hit 10k in about a week! I appreciate the love and support you guys have blessed me with, and that I will continue to use this support as a stepping stone to further heights.

Lastly, I want to say that today is the 1 month anniversary for this book! I started this project at 1 of September as a hobby, but this book has turned into a routine in my daily life, and it's all thanks to everyone's support.

Anyways, without  further ado, let's get into it.

---------------

"I've always had a feeling that the orphanage would be behind something like this..." Says Grace, as she comes out of her tent once more.

Mirage: Tch... How annoying.

Heath: Well, what are we waiting for!? Let's get our stuff back, c'mon! The orphanage isn't far from here, right Y/N?

Y/N: Err, yeah, but...

Heath: Then let's go! C'mon!

Heath turns to walk off, but Clark stops him.

Clark: Wait. 

Heath: Huh? 

Clark: Are you stupid or something? Don't you realize how dark its gotten? It'll be too risky to go towards the orphanage at this time.

Heath takes a moment to analyze the situation before looking back at Clark.

Heath: That's true.. But, what do we do now?

Clark: Well, we're gonna have to call it a day and go their the next day. That means no dinner for tonight, and no ramen for Mirage.

Mirage lets out a sad sigh while you all groan in frustration.

Clark: Like it or not, this is the safest option we got. We can't risk Grimm storming into their place because of our presence.

Heath: But, wouldn't the orphanage have hunters to protect them as well?

Clark: They should, but I doubt that they can hold off more than a few Beowolf packs. It's an orphanage in the middle of nowhere, so I don't expect much.

Heath then gets visibly frustrated.

Heath: Then why don't we go there for the night and protect the orphans!? I don't see any logical explanation to why you are stopping us right now.

Clark: Heath Slater. Haven't you heard of your run-of-the-mill horror stories regarding orphanages?

Heath: Yes, and they are just rumors. I don't believe in ghosts.

Y/N: Heath, we live in a world that holds crystals that allows us to shoot elements of the world. I really don't doubt that spirits and ghosts exist.

Grace: Ugh, I hate ghost stories.

Mirage: I find 'em interesting...

Heath lets out a low grumble before turning around.

Clark: You don't like the plan, then so be it. Do what you want, but if something happens to you, we ain't responsible for that.