Previews (Chapter 12 Volume 2)

(A Week Later...)

Life has slowly started to return back to normal. 

You were now back to attending classes along with your team. Homeworks were given, tests were announced, it was exactly like it was a semester ago. 

However, the workload has started to lighten up a little as the Vytal Festival draws nearer. Glynda's combat classes rotated more frequently and are now the priority class for this semester.

Currently, you were watching Pyrrha spar up against the entirety of Team CRDL. You thought it was insane to fight alone against an entire team, but this is Pyrrha we're talking about. As the fight drew on, the results were all in favor of Pyrrha, as she dances step for step, following the rhythm of the fight.

Swift as a butterfly, but as deadly as a lion. She slashes and dashes past all 4 members of the entire team at one moment. She was so fast, that you couldn't even keep up with her speed. She was a blur.

She lands 2 strikes on Cardin, forcing Cardin to retaliate back. She blocks it with her shield before dashing forward and slashing, knocking Cardin to his knees, allowing Pyrrha to jump and strike from above. You wonder if this was revenge for what Cardin did to Jaune back in the first semester.

Cardin retreats and rolls out of the way, and Dove takes his place. Pyrrha throws her xiphos at him, but he manages to block it with his sword, but she suddenly sweeps her legs out, forcing Dove to the ground, all in one motion.

Sky jumps in for Dove, covering the latter's vulnerability. Pyrrha fires a stray bullet at him, to which Sky blocks and strikes. However, the redhead was too quick, swiftly blocking with her shield. She takes advantage and slams the grey-haired warrior with her xiphos, following up by spinning around and slashing vertically. She fires another bullet which he denies, but follows with 2 hits that sends him back.

With gritted teeth, presumably out of frustration, Cardin comes in and slashes his mace at Pyrrha. They clash weapons before Cardin delivers a charged-up swing. Pyrrha easily sidesteps the imminent danger, to which Cardin follows up with a roundhouse swing, though it was blocked by Pyrrha's shield. The force of the swing sends her back though, as Sky tries to take advantage from behind and swings, yet Pyrrha manages to immediately jump and twist out of the way, her sense of awareness unmatched.

Cardin rushes in to double team with Sky and swings his mace at the twisting Pyrrha, but somehow, Pyrrha manages to block with her shield and sweeps Sky's legs as she falls. The mace wielder swings again, but she kip-up's to avoid it, leaving you to gasp at what your eyes were witnessing. 

"H-Holy..."

That was all you could really say.

"She's been training really hard, and this is the result!" Says the redhead that sat beside you, clearly excited watching the battle.

"She's certainly got a reputation to hold, so she better show her A-game before the Vytal Festival." The snow heiress remarks next to Ruby.

Pyrrha then dashes at Cardin and launches off his back. Midair, she throws her shield at Cardin and it hits him hard on the face. The shield then rebounds off Cardin and somehow manages to dome Sky in the head as well.

"OH!" You exclaimed out of shock.

"Smooth as always, Pyrrha!" The blondie praised, sitting beside the cat faunus of your team.