Tragedy (Volume 3 Prologue)

RE-EDITED: 02/08/2022!!!

...

...

...

...

...

RING RING! RING RING!

...

...

...

...

RING RINGG!!! RING RING!!!!!

...

...

...

...

RING RINGGGG!!!! RING RI-

SLAM!!

"I'm up, I'm up... jeez..."

Letting out a yawn, their arms stretched out, a boy sat on his bed, awakened from their slumber. Getting off the bed, he opens his curtains and opens his window, taking a quick swig at the cold fresh air.

"Ahh... that's nice..."

Opening his eyes, he watches from above, the city of Atlas buzzing and lively. The sounds of car engines quietly hum from underneath as the sun starts to rise in the sky.

Closing the window, the young boy grabs his clothes and heads to the bathroom. Showering, brushing his teeth, fixing his hair, he gets ready for another day of school. Leaving the shower, he grabs his scroll and sits on his bed, opening a video saved in his files.

It was the Vytal Festival that happened weeks ago. The boy eyes the weapons, clearly star-struck and in awe at the designs.

"Heh, that's a cool scythe! Ooh, that man has a cool sword!"

A caster's voice triumphs amongst the cheers of the crowd. through the scroll.

"The fight between Qrow Branwen and Will Quark will now begin!"

At the cry, the 2 fighters lunged at each other, the aim of victory in their minds. And, the boy was loving every single moment.

Dodging, blocking, slashing, roaring, the boy took every moment and relished in it all. The fighter named Qrow lands a sharp hit on Will's side, causing him to stumble. Qrow then punches Will's face, causing him to get sent flying back and into a wall.

"Ooh!"

Clearly amused and excited, his heart starting to pump and race, Jake's eyes grew closer to the screen, his mind racing with fantasies and imaginations, his future dreams growing brighter and brigh-

BANG!

"JAKE! WHAT'S TAKING YOU SO LONG!? YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE!"