🄼🄸🅂🅂🄸🄽🄶 🄷🄴🅁

Dahyun sighed, door closing behind her back as she slowly walked towards her bed. A hand ran through her hair, leaving the crutches—her doctor had given her those instead of the wheelchair she was so used to—to the side. The burns on her legs were finally getting better and even if it hurt walking, she didn't need assistance anymore. The girl was extremely tired, yet the day had just started, lunch time being just around the corner. She had already attended a morning class, gone to the doctor, and put up with her mother for more hours than she intended to.

Stumbling and clutching onto the bag with the many drugs she had to consume, her eyes met her roommate's figure on her own bed. Momo's back was facing Dahyun, hoodie over her head as she looked down. Her leg shook and she held something on her hands as she sighed. 

"Momo-yah?" the younger called out, leaving her medicine on the older's bed while she hopped on it, slowly moving towards the girl and tapping on her shoulder.

Momo raised her head, hand reaching to remove the hood from her head and brown orbs looking into Dahyun's, giving her a weak smile.

"Are you alright?" it took Dahyun aback, seeing the older with red teary eyes and swollen lips. She had never experienced Momo being that upset.

"I am," Momo spoke "Why wouldn't I be? Recently I have been getting the happiest I've ever been in so long." it wasn't ironic, Momo really meant it. She has been so happy lately, school was going great, Mina and her were finally okay, and then..Dahyun. She had Dahyun.

The now raven head—Dahyun noticed black really suited the older. It made her features sharper and her face more mature, in a way—averted her gaze from the face of the younger to the picture in her hands. It was a Polaroid of her and Nayeon, big smiles on their faces as they goofily posed for the camera. On the bottom of it, words were written in a language Dahyun later concluded was Japanese.

"You were crying," the younger was now seated next to her, body facing Momo's "Do you want to talk about it?"

Momo didn't need to talk for Dahyun to know what was on her mind, but she figured it was better. The older had never shown how much Nayeon's death affected her and kept everything to herself most of the times. However, Dahyun could still hear her quiet sobs and sniffles at night no matter if they slept cuddled into each other in Momo's bed or in separate ones.

"I'm missing her so much," whispered the raven head "Nayeon."

It was as if Momo was ashamed of what she said, lowering her head and awkwardly brushing some hair out of her face since she wasn't used to her hime cut just yet. Her hands clutched the Polaroid a little harder as she forced herself to look back at Dahyun, who had her own hands around the older's body in a warm embrace.

"It's okay to do so, unnie," the younger said "It was all so sudden and you didn't get a chance to say goodbye."

Momo didn't even know Nayeon was in the concert  hall that morning. She thought the woman was staying over at her girlfriend's dorm and that she would most likely been sleeping all day.

"You need to let your feelings and worries out," Dahyun said, head resting on Momo's shoulder "Please don't keep it to yourself. I'm always here to talk."

"I can't just annoy you whenever I feel like crying about my best friend," the older mumbled "You have way more important things to focus on."

The raven head grumbled, losing all eye contact with Dahyun when she let her hair fall on her eyes and over the side of her face. Her nose scrunched and she flinched when Dahyun held her hands.

"You needing someone to talk to isn't irritating in any way," her response came out as a whisper "Plus, how are we going to take this thing further if you feel like you're not worth my time?" Dahyun spoke softly, gaze lingering on Nayeon's big smile in the Polaroid Momo held.

It took a while for the older to put her thoughts in order, search through her brain and locate the part where the guide on how to breathe was held in, and finally speak up. Although, she barely could, feeling like she would blow up or start giggling.

"Further?" Momo breathed out, head turning to look at the younger.

"I wish there was a formula for this so I can say it and not embarrass myself," Dahyun giggled "But, I really like you. I do, unnie."

There was something in the way the girl always used honorific when she felt anxious or giggled to look less awkward that made Momo smile unconsciously and for so long her cheeks hurt.

"So, yeah, nothing that bothers you will ever be annoying to me." the younger added, raising her head from Momo's shoulder.

"Are you suggesting that being sappy by myself is not good enough so you're sacrificing yourself in order to be sappy together?" the raven head tried so hard to stay calm, only stuttering a bit as she spoke jokingly.

"If that's what you'd like to call it, yes." Dahyun smiled, fingers twirling the older's side locks before pulling on them lightly to bring her face closer and kiss her.

As cliche as it sounds, Momo had already missed Dahyun's lips on her own. Her kisses were addicting, something like chocolate or junk food, the internet and if she was feeling extra oxygen.

The ringing of Momo's phone ruined the moment, making her groan into the kiss and pull away as she looked over at the screen of her phone.

"Mina is probably waiting," Dahyun panted "You should go."

"I can cancel," the older blurted out "We can meet about the tests later."

"No, go." smiled Dahyun, taking the Polaroid in her hands, thumb grazing over the letters on it and chuckling. It was clearly Momo's handwriting.

Momo whined, biting down on her lip before she reached to get her phone and text Mina she will meet her in around five minutes. The brunette had called her the previous day, explaining they had to meet up because of the DNA tests that would prove their relation. Although, she never addressed in which hospital they were going to or why she had decided to meet Momo in a cafeteria.

"Eien to itsumo," the older spoke, getting up from the bed as she observed Dahyun's smile "It means 'forever and always'."
(A/N: 永遠 と いつも [Eien to itsumo] = Forever and always)

Dahyun looked up, leaving the Polaroid on the night stand next to the bed before she got up too. Her arms encircled around Momo's neck, a nod and a melodic giggle following "Let's have dinner tonight," she said "I'll cook."

"Are you sure?" Momo laughed.

"I'll order," the younger corrected herself "Jokbal?"

"Sir, yes sir!"