🄰🅁🅃 🄴🅇🄷🄸🄱🄸🅃🄸🄾🄽

Not all days at school were boring classes, strict professors, and ridiculously hard courses. There were days when most students got to relax for a while, except for the art students.

"Why did you have to wake us at such an ungodly hour?" Jihyo groaned from the couch as Chaeyoung ran around in the small kitchen making breakfast.

"Yeah, Chae, I was up all night studying. This is supposed to be our leisure day." Dahyun joined while she slowly walked out of her room, hair tangled and eyes barely open.

It was six thirty in the morning and Chaeyoung-- an art student--was extremely excited about today's art exhibition. It would happen at least twice a year and all students studying art where able to do whatever they wanted to showcase their talent. Their work would be put up in the concert hall in addition to the one of the dance and music department's students that were putting on a show for all students to see. That way, they got extra credit and helped their GPA by at least 2.5

"I'm sorry your Highness, but aren't you happy for your bestest ever friend?" Chaeyoung stuck her tongue at Dahyun who rolled her eyes at the statement "Me. I'm the bestest ever friend."

Chaeyoung always took those exhibitions seriously and the people who viewed her art too. She was one of the few students that got complimented by teachers who later gave out better grades to her than anyone in their class.

"I am and I really want to see your pieces," Jihyo spoke "At the actual time of the event."

"Stop whining," the blonde laughed "What's the difference between six and nine in the morning?"

"Three full hours of sleep that could really help me on that paper I have to complete by the end of the week." Dahyun replied.

"Stop pretending that you don't like it," Chaeyoung smiled, handing both girls a glass of orange juice "You both always wanted to see what happens inside before the big show begins~" she sang out.

And it was true, both Jihyo and Dahyun always wanted to see the behind the scenes of the exhibition. Something about crazy art students running around panicked trying to impress the rest and the teachers seemed really intriguing and..funny. Therefore, the girls had way much fun around Chaeyoung's classmates rather than their own. Besides, 'the art department has the most interesting students' all Chaeyoung's words who would always look intensely at Dahyun when saying them.

"What's the schedule?" Jihyo asked while forcing herself to stand up from the couch.

"Mostly boring art pieces, apart from mine of course, and music students doing their thing I guess." Chaeyoung replied, a shirt hanging from around her neck.

"How about the dance students?" Dahyun questioned, gaining a nudge on the shoulder by the blonde.

"Not many are participating," she replied "Though Momo and I are collaborating." and wiggled her eyebrows.

"Really? You don't even know how to dance." Jihyo laughed loudly.

"And Momo is an exceptional dancer." Dahyun added, smiling.

"I'm not dancing," Chaeyoung groaned "She just got inspired by my pieces and is making a stage based off of them. It's very creative and will get us high scores!"

"Momo wanted to collaborate with her ex's girlfriend?" Jihyo raised a brow "Is she trying to hurt herself?"

"Or she just doesn't care." Dahyun defended the brunette as she moved to the room to get changed.

"She's right, Hyo. Momo seems to be pretty much over whatever happened between them," the blonde spoke "Now hurry and get ready!"

Not long after all three girls were outside the concert hall of their school. The time was around seven-fourty five and both Jihyo and Chaeyoung had occupied themselves in a detailed talk about the younger's inspiration on her works.

The weather was surprisingly hotter. Hot to the point Dahyun has to wear a crop top--something she usually avoided-- blaming climate change for the sudden increase of temperature.

"Hey Dahyun, you're staying out, right?" Chaeyoung asked, walking beside Jihyo in the concert hall.

The school was huge and luxurious. Some still questioned why there is a concert hall at their school, so unnecessarily big that when building the school it had to be separated from the main body of it.

"Yeah, it's too hot in there," the girl replied while fanning herself "What's up?"

"Mina will be here in a while," Chaeyoung spoke "Please tell her I'll be inside."

Dahyun nodded, watching her friends make their way inside and sighed to herself. The hot had been increasing and something didn't feel right, it was too early to be this hot. Regardless, the girl stood outside and finished the iced tea she had picked up on the way to the hall and decided it was about time to head inside and join the others. Maybe even get a spoiler for Momo's stage.

"Kim Dahyun-ssi?" a faint voice stopped her and she turned around, facing none other than the owner of it.

"Mina unnie," Dahyun spoke "No need to be so formal."

"Ah yes, sorry." the brunette bowed and smiled at the younger.

"Chaeyoung is inside."

"I suspected that," Mina spoke kind of shyly. There seemed to be something more she wanted to talk about "I-Can we talk?"

"Sure," the younger was taken aback "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, it's just that I wanted to thank you for giving me a chance to talk to Momo," Mina hesitated "I know you don't really like me, but thanks."

"Ah no, unnie, I like you. What is there not to like?" Dahyun shook her head and smiled "I have heard a lot about you from Momo but she was mad and didn't mean it."

"You're so nice, thank you again." Mina was shy and her voice barely audible when talking. Dahyun could only nod and smile at her, knowing that she was truly a nice person no matter how bad Momo wanted to convince herself otherwise.

"It's nothing. I guess I will head inside now." The younger turned to leave.

"Dahyun-ssi?" Mina called out again "Momo is very introverted deep down, she can't make friends easily. She had to put the playgirl act up when I left. So..I'm very thankful to you for helping her trough the pain and making her realize pretending someone you're not is not healthy."

The younger found it sad, how the girls had ended up like this. It was clear from the way Mina smiled when she thanked Dahyun again and again how much she cared about Momo.

"She's my friend and I care about her a lot..I'll go now, see you." Dahyun waved as she walked into the building turning her back on Mina who seemed to be approaching someone that had just arrived at the spot.

Her hair was worn in a ponytail, sporting all black casual attire with the right strap of her backpack hanging off her shoulder as she walked with earphones in. The brunette was heading inside when Mina saw her, eyes glued to the ground beneath her feet.

"Momo?" she called out and the brunette snapped her head to the side.

"Sorry, I have to go." Momo mumbled.

"I just wanted to tell you that--"

"I'm sorry, Mina." the brunette spoke and hurried inside the building.

Mina's face fell, letting out a breath she didn't know she was holding and getting lost into her thoughts before and an ear-piercing sound brought her out of them. A sudden wave of heat engulfed her body and she shook, rising her head to look by the building before her.

With a loud gasp, she reached for her phone and dialed the first number that came to mind as she stumbled forward and fell on her knees.

The concert hall was on fire.