🄵🄾🅁🄶🄸🅅🄴🄽🄴🅂🅂

"Here we are again," professor Ahn spoke, pushing his glasses higher on the bridge of his nose as the suddenly chilly air blew through his blue button-up shirt "Our class today and until the end of our sessions for this year, will be here." he said, pointing around him.

After taking a break from teaching for a while, professor Ahn took it upon himself to move Dating Class to the rooftop of the building they'd usually have the classes in. It was completely unannounced and sudden, seeing as professor Ahn always went by the rules, the protocol.

"It took me a long time to decorate this place accordingly," he said "But I thought a change of scenery, a more relaxed course, and some fresh air could do you guys good after all the trouble you've been through the past couple of weeks."

The professor was referring to the squatting, the fire, the investigations, everything. He himself had a hard time dealing with all those things, yet chose to use his frustration to make something beautiful out of it. That being a new classroom--sort of--on the roof.

Unlike a regular classroom, there weren't any desks. There were low and small coffee tables and around them, four bean bags each for every student. There was a chalkboard he brought from the basement and aesthetically pleasing, soft lights for the afternoon courses. Professor Ahn seemed to have also bought plants to put around, probably to give a more cozy vibe to the place. And it worked. All the students seemed to be enjoying their new classroom as well as the breeze hitting against their faces every once in a while as the weather was still a little hot.

"You might have noticed, not everyone is here today," the man spoke, eyeing the only bean bag empty that was destined for Dahyun "However, I'd like to applaud all of those who did come. Especially the students that escaped the terrible fire some days ago."

The class applauded, most looking at Momo, Jihyo and Chaeyoung's direction as they exchanged glances and small smiles. Professor Ahn, on the other hand, bowed at the brunette seated closer to him, Momo. She was brave enough to save herself and him that day and even if she seemed mad at him, he was very grateful.

"Now, to get on with our course," he cleared his throat, back turning on his students as he wrote something on the board "Forgiveness."

It felt good getting back to normal life, being stressed over university instead of almost dying in a fire. Although, Momo had time to worry about neither at the moment. Her mind trailed from Nayeon's distorted body to Dahyun, who was avoiding talking to her. The brunette couldn't care less about what professor Ahn had to say, all she needed was to be okay with the younger. She was the one to help her through much, yet Momo couldn't for the first time she was in need.

"I want you to ask yourselves," professor Ahn spoke and Mina nudged Momo's shoulder, bringing her back to reality "Is it really worth it, seeking for forgiveness?"

Momo shifted her gaze to the man and the words written behind his back and later on the couple in front of her, holding each other's hands as the brunette's head laid against the blonde's chest. Watching Sana and Jihyo brought a strange feeling to Momo, something stronger than the regret she had been experiencing since the day she recalled her awful behavior during puberty.

"Don't we have to accept the fact that a relationship is over when we can't be forgiven?" he continued "To move forward. We have to teach ourselves that we can't always have what we want."

Momo needed forgiveness or at least to talk to her friend. The brunette needed to know if Dahyun was thinking of pushing her away to finally move forward, to a future where the older wasn't included. Because that would be the most healthy thing to do, even if Momo didn't like to think about or admit to it.

"However, it's always worth fighting for something you want dearly, something you can not see your self without," his eyes darted over to his daughters "Only when you can clearly tell things can never be turned around you shall quit."

Quitting on Dahyun was the worst idea ever, the brunette thought, disregarding every comment of professor Ahn's that was indirectly meant for her and Mina. Besides, getting to know the man more and accept the fact that he's her father did not interest her one bit. The man had done enough bad things to her and her mother, the biggest of all being that he never supported them in any way.

"And when that happens, it's better to think of it as fate turning you on a right path," he trailed off for a while "The person we think we love isn't always the right one, leading to more pain. So maybe, it is better not getting a person's forgiveness. Especially if you know you don't deserve it."

The brunette's expression softened, her previously arched brows coming down as she exhaled. Was Momo worth Dahyun's forgiveness? Surely what she did was awful, but that's the effect of brainwash on naive people, teenagers in her case. However, could Momo justify such actions? She couldn't. No matter what the media and people said, no one should ever assume. Specifically for these types of incidents that can scar you for your entire life.

"It's a mystery, the man's soul," professor Ahn spoke "That's why love is so complicated."

There were many questions swirling around the brunette's head. She needed answers, answers that would definitely hurt her worse than Mina leaving.

Is forgiveness as easy to give as it sounds? Or it's an excuse for people to destroy each other in the thought of being happy?

And if that's the case, was Momo destroying Dahyun all over again?