Prologue

"Dear Altiair, it's Rauz and I'm back with another update. Things have been pretty weird lately, apparently some werewolves just moved into town. Im hearing rumors that they said they're here to mark their territory, whatever that means. I think they are here in connection to Malik but nobody believes me and they all think I'm crazy. I know if you were here you'd listen to me. Calluna and Avian are still dating, and she's taken an interest in modeling so that's great. Avian is just being supportive of her as usual. Raven is in anger management now, although I don't think it's working. The other day she punched some guy in the face because he accidentally bumped her, so I'd say she might be angrier than ever. I can tell she's frustrated without you here to talk her out of her fits of rage. Finn lives here with us now and sleeps in your room. He cried the other day while we were talking about you. He misses you so much, Alt. Ezekiel still comes by almost everyday to see us and Finn really hates him. They almost got into a fight the other day but we stopped it. Ezekiel finally told us he knows where your body is and that he visits you everyday. He still wont tell us where you are though. Juru has basically been gone since the day you put yourself to sleep, only god knows what he's doing. Enya is now a counselor at the orphic academy and she talks to kids who need help. I've been trying to get everyone ready for Malik just in case. I'm teaching them new tricks and spells and all I do is study now to be honest. We've gone through all of those books a hundred times and still have yet to find anything that could help us get this magic out of you without you dying. I understand why you did what you did but I really miss you. The selfish part of me wishes you stayed and tried to find a way to overcome this but, I get it. I will never stop trying to find a way to get you out of this.

-Until next time, Rauz"

Rauz had been writing letters to Altiair and using his magic to transfer the words into Altiair's mind so that he knew everything that went on while he was asleep.

After writing the letter, Rauz picked up the paper and grabbed one of Altiair's items to help strengthen the spell and chanted.

"e charta est animus"